Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tim moment & Charlie moment & Miscellaneous

So our sitter and I loaded Charlie and Tim up to run some local errands (e.g., return library books, exchange Blockbuster "moo-vie stow" DVDs, run past 7/11, etc.)

On our way, Tim asks, "What's that sign say?"
to which we reply, wearily, "You read it, Tim."
Tim smiles knowingly and states, [Cass Street] "Bar and Grill!" with a momentary pause and then a sharp gasp of air, "Ah!" most dramatically.

------------------

Inside Blockbuster, Charlie (who has been promised an ice cream -- but from the DER, not that he's believing that):

Gazing at the 2 freezers full of various frozen novelties, looks at the sitter and then me and then walks very casually - yet deliberately - to the cases and then slides his hands along the pictures of the drumsticks, push-ups, and so on...much like Vanna White on Wheel of Fortune. And then, "Ice Cream wes?"

-------------------

Highlights of the afternoon were the procurement of a cool camouflage Dickies (TM) tote for my upcoming IEP meeting. Bringing the BridgeBurner (TM) advocate* so want to look appropriately warrior-maiden-like.

Application for MOTY credit for doing a forced march of Tim and Charlie around the big block (not just the cul-de-sac) after dinner.

------------------

And then the lowlight of my day:

Evidence of opossums in the garage. Yes, idiot crab offspring left the door open overnight. Seeing it ajar, I investigated the interior -- not very aggressively. Wet spot on floor and scat on an extension cord that we used last weekend but didn't hang up. (I know, Sand Crab, your special hook installation was a thing of beauty!) I'm so calling housing on Monday!!!



* As titled by Patty SW.

1 comment:

Patty SW said...

Ick on the 'possum... Yum on the trademarked "BridgeBurner"...see, I do have a place on this BLOB (which is what my born and bred English father calls my BLOG)...

:)