Sunday, July 13, 2008
Latest Internet Website Recommendation
As an added bonus to our friends in Baghdad, the capacity to view streaming video is not required to find this hilarious.
http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/
As an "expectant momma" with friends and family terrified -- simply terrified -- of what new combination of names I'll think up and Power-of-Attorney implement in the absence of the Sand Crab, a friend (okay, and brilliant colorist!) sent me the website above.
"Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing: A Primer on Parent Cruelty".
Now, the contributors are not that funny but the "snarky" responses are simply hysterical. Only visit if you have 15 minutes to while away. A couple excerpts so as to whet your appetite:
We aren't having kids for another year or two, but we like Kellyna Nychole, Taryn Mykah and Mykenzie Kathryn for girls.
This woman was indicted under the Flagrant Over-Use of the Letters K and Y Act of 1983.
I am having this baby boy on Aug 6. Dad and I love Alexander Scott but our last name is Smith. Will the initals be a huge problem? We don't want him to be teased.
That's OK. Kids are pretty uncreative when it comes to teasing. They'll never eventually spot that one.
I was thinking of the name Blaise but I don't know if it should be the first or middle name.
I think it should be a felony.
Whew, that Blaise could have been a close call!
http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/
As an "expectant momma" with friends and family terrified -- simply terrified -- of what new combination of names I'll think up and Power-of-Attorney implement in the absence of the Sand Crab, a friend (okay, and brilliant colorist!) sent me the website above.
"Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing: A Primer on Parent Cruelty".
Now, the contributors are not that funny but the "snarky" responses are simply hysterical. Only visit if you have 15 minutes to while away. A couple excerpts so as to whet your appetite:
We aren't having kids for another year or two, but we like Kellyna Nychole, Taryn Mykah and Mykenzie Kathryn for girls.
This woman was indicted under the Flagrant Over-Use of the Letters K and Y Act of 1983.
I am having this baby boy on Aug 6. Dad and I love Alexander Scott but our last name is Smith. Will the initals be a huge problem? We don't want him to be teased.
That's OK. Kids are pretty uncreative when it comes to teasing. They'll never eventually spot that one.
I was thinking of the name Blaise but I don't know if it should be the first or middle name.
I think it should be a felony.
Whew, that Blaise could have been a close call!

1 comment:
I loved the site! Especially this gem:
My to-be husband has a thing for "unique" names. He likes names such as "Veto" and "Enobi". I like what I call "cool" names. Then names such as "Kiki" and "Jack". We were having dissagrements with baby names till I smacked him upside the head and phrohibid him from naming my children.
Well, I phrohibid you from having kids at all.
Although, it is nice to know who originated the slang use of "cool" - it's this lady! ("They're what I like to call --big finger quotes-- COOL names.") And now we know she's prone to violence against her fiance for wanting to name kids Veto so they can star in Schoolhouse Rock segments about the three branches of government!
Help me, Kobi-Wan Enobi, you're our only hope!
Post a Comment