Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Grandma MK sponsored a bit of babysitting so that I could attend a meeting with our new Superintendent of schools. Following that, I grabbed a taco shop shrimp taco to-die-for at El Zarape (sp?) a few blocks from the Ed Center. Yummy!
Come home and get 2 more notes for Jack-at-Camp into the mail. MOTY points? Or just guilt-ridden that he's on week three away from All This Whackadoodleness.
Drove Patty Kiki and her sons to the Airport. Poor Patty Kiki was in such despondency over the behavior of one of her offspring that she had packed a large cucumber in addition to grapes and carrots in a freezer bag for travel food. I found this intact cucumber inclusion both curious and disconcerting. I pondered how one would eat this cucumber -- how would one peel it? how would one divide such a large foodstuff? under what circumstances would it appeal to me? would TSA confiscate the peeler and knife PK would have to have in order to render it reasonably useful??
I managed, nonetheless, to convey them safely. Jamie and Charlie and I returned library books and went home.
Grandma MK, on a mission to earn massive MOTY points in her own quest for the MOTY title, took over dinner prep while I...NAPPED. It was 45-minutes of glorious rest even if I was being questioned by Tim and jumped upon by Charlie. The kids inhaled her version of turkey sausage.
A new neighbor and his sons (one goes to Charlie's school and the other is Jamie's age with the Sand Crab's first name) stopped by after Jamie went to their door today -- in an awesome act of overcoming his propensity to be a shy turtle. The dad was at MNF-Iraq about a year ago, but in Plans; the Sand Crab is in Strategery. His wife's sister was Charlie's teacher's assistant this year -- small world times 2.
Did my will paperwork in an inspiring act of taking-on-the-unfun-tasks over a dinner of 'tater skins. No cake was left...this oversight will be corrected tomorrow!
Come home and get 2 more notes for Jack-at-Camp into the mail. MOTY points? Or just guilt-ridden that he's on week three away from All This Whackadoodleness.
Drove Patty Kiki and her sons to the Airport. Poor Patty Kiki was in such despondency over the behavior of one of her offspring that she had packed a large cucumber in addition to grapes and carrots in a freezer bag for travel food. I found this intact cucumber inclusion both curious and disconcerting. I pondered how one would eat this cucumber -- how would one peel it? how would one divide such a large foodstuff? under what circumstances would it appeal to me? would TSA confiscate the peeler and knife PK would have to have in order to render it reasonably useful??
I managed, nonetheless, to convey them safely. Jamie and Charlie and I returned library books and went home.
Grandma MK, on a mission to earn massive MOTY points in her own quest for the MOTY title, took over dinner prep while I...NAPPED. It was 45-minutes of glorious rest even if I was being questioned by Tim and jumped upon by Charlie. The kids inhaled her version of turkey sausage.
A new neighbor and his sons (one goes to Charlie's school and the other is Jamie's age with the Sand Crab's first name) stopped by after Jamie went to their door today -- in an awesome act of overcoming his propensity to be a shy turtle. The dad was at MNF-Iraq about a year ago, but in Plans; the Sand Crab is in Strategery. His wife's sister was Charlie's teacher's assistant this year -- small world times 2.
Did my will paperwork in an inspiring act of taking-on-the-unfun-tasks over a dinner of 'tater skins. No cake was left...this oversight will be corrected tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment