
July 3, 2008
Dear Moira:
I want to congratulate you and Ben on the occasion of your anniversary. I am well aware of how hard a deployment is on a marriage, but after 31 years of marriage and nine deployments of six months or greater, I can say with 100% certainty that it has been worth it. These are indeed hard times, and I believe we will only overcome this threat to our future freedom because of courageous families such as yours.
I know from my own experiences that without your support, Ben would not be able to make the tangible contribution he is making in this struggle. I thank you, the President thanks you, and your nation thanks you. We all look forward to the day when we are reunited with our loved ones, knowing we made a difference to this and future generations' safety and security. May God bless you for the sacrifice you are making.
Again, Congratulations on your special day.
Semper Fidelis,
SIGNED
Major General, USMC
Congratulations! I know there are tough days to be separated on, but this is an important mission and Ben is playing a big role. Thanks for your sacrificial support and God bless.

No comments:
Post a Comment