Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday Recap: Boring Version.

Tim ready for school.
Charlie ready for school.
No crying during drop-off (but then again, we were a little late and he didn't hear the bell ringing).

Marine Base to engage in will updating. Had to have a calm, yet firm discussion about whether the Queen Crab (clearly not a rank recognized by the Marine Corps) could have an appointment or must be relegated to walk-in status. Humph! Fortunately, LT Callahan of the JAG-Corps decided to stop the oral arguments with a "I'll see you, ma'am." (In fact, I can drop off the completed worksheet, he'll e-mail me the draft and then I'll just have a quick appointment to sign).

Then to a salon...my first trim since, yes, the Great Valentine's Day Haircut. I have bangs again and will have at least a month before Mom starts nagging about my unkemptness. Alert the media.

Apparently, missed a Morale Call from Ben. :(

Fetch Charlie. Go to Toys R Us and find 2 $3.98 clearance construction-theme lego-type sets to while the afternoon of no-therapy away.

Previously-febrile sitter returns to great applause.

Tim has a complete melt-down (with aggression) because I dared to ask "Would you like to go to the barber today?" An hour after beginning the Tim Rollercoaster Ride of Hospitalizations Past and Treats-to-be-Earned Future, we process the concept of a choice, mop up our crazy-cake tears, and proceed to a new barbershop (that my triplet mom pal, Patty Lisa, recommended).

Absolutely no parking near the beach, but manage to hoof it a few blocks. Wait for three guys to be trimmed because, dammit, we had invested this much into the prequel to the cut. Kim was incredibly nice to Tim and he looks UBER-improved. FYI: Apparently, he no longer qualifies under the "children $8" rate. I didn't dare ask for the military rate on my first visit -- especially since full-fare was a whopping $10.

Home to powwow with Patty Kiki, who walked the novice Scout Mother through the process of readying the camping gear for Jack's sleep-away BSA camp. I am a very slow study. Highlights (if you are not enduring the visual pain caused by witnessing the proceedings): 1. Me unloading Ben's former closet, which is now stuffed to the brim with random "stuff" to retrieve a sleeping-bag-that-I-won't-wig-out-if-is-ruined-forgotten-etc. 2. Me refusing to enter the garage because of still-operational Possum Clearance Mission. (Fortunately, Patty Kiki is a woman of substance and fearless of marsupials). 3. Negotiations about whether PE clothes with Jack's name written in permanent marker across the front (required by his middle school) would induce ridicule upon him. (Patty Kiki voted affirmative). 4. General mocking, albeit gentle and with kindness, about the likelihood of Jack using items that I felt necessary to include.

Then to Wendy's for the promised reinforcement for good behavior at the barbershop before departing for an Area Board XIII meeting.

Home again to do laundry, take out the garbage, and do the dishes. Oh, and eat a little cake ($1.50 for a huge wedge at Von's this week!)


Postscript: Per APC, Jamie's bumps have returned. Ha! It is not the Sand Castle!! Relieved that he's not allergic to me/us, proof that it's not a contagious malady, and will have evidence of weird skin ailment to present to the Dermatologist. Just too bad he has to itch.

No comments: