Saturday, July 12, 2008
J-Crabs on the Move.
The J-Crabs have arrived safely in IL.
Granted, not without a lot of logistical support and a few minor hurdles beforehand:
1. Jamie looked like, well, a toad. A toad prince, mind you, but drew a few curious stares in line for Southwest Airlines.
2. Between the 3 of us, we had but one carry-on (a wheelie backpack--essentially, a pharmacy on wheels) to keep track of and YET, managed to leave it at Starbuck's and not notice until we were waiting for sandwiches at Quizno's. That was fun, especially because I had to self-censor (see below, point 3).
3. Before we even left home, however, we had antics of grab-fanny including Jamie being pummelled into the hallway carpet by Jack resulting in, I fear, a most creative F-bomb. Due to the nature of this blog and due to the composition of readership, I will refrain from further details. Please note that it was creative in construction, utterance, and part of speech. The Sand Crab will be pleased, I'm certain!, to know that I am keeping my skills honed even in his absence.
4. Factoid: 2 bottled waters beyond TSA security checkpoints = $6.44
Factoid: Starbuck's may advertise kid's size cocoas ($1.10) at the Terminal 1 airport storefront; however, you will learn after investing 11 minutes in line that they don't have the cups in stock for kids' sizes and thus, will ante up for Grande (aka, Small). 2 extra ounces will cost you $2.40 per cup.
Factoid: Quizno's breakfast sandwiches become a virtual bargain at $4.29 per.
5. Speaking of Quizno's (again), Jamie insisted that -- despite not one time in his entire 9-years, 3-months on Planet Earth willingly ingesting a scrambled egg product -- he really wanted a ham, egg and cheese sandwich. (Jack had already ordered a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, but Jack is hardly a discerning connoisseur). That's why, 5 minutes later, Jack was seen holding a rectangular yellow egg-resembling item on his lap and soon after, shoving into his egg-hole. Grrrr...again, I was forced to engage in self-censorship due to the public venue I found myself.
6. Jack's math skills have been amazingly overrated by San Diego schools. I submit, as evidence, the fact that I directed Jack to obtain 3 seats "in a row" and he was holding down only 2. Mind you, this single-digit 1-1 correspondence concept is a kindergarten skill. I rest my case. The sunny-side-up (groan...egg pun!) of this situation is that I was forced to sit an aisle away whilst Jack inhaled the partially hydrogenated egg product with his paws and forced my censorship (as I could have otherwise hissed something inappropriate).
7. Jack's air travel competency (carry-on baggage responsibility aside) is highly superior to mine. He knew when he'd need to produce his boarding pass at each phase, whereas the Crab Queen got caught sending her boarding pass through the x-ray machine, causing the line to wait for it to reach the end of the tube before it could be examined and the Queen waved through the metal detector (not very regally waved, I might add!).
8. In a further TSA etiquette breach, Crab Queen forgot to take out a metal tube of hydrocortisone RX strength from her immense pockets and therefore set off the metal detector. It wasn't enough to be standing there in ridiculous blue surgical booties. I would point out that my belly pretty much excludes my hips from my vision but TSA wasn't very pleased with that excuse.
9. Jack was quick to relive last summer when I allegedly bemoaned that my Cinder-jack was traveling and who would do all those errands for me. He and Jamie determined that they are "Cinder-crabs" and that I was really gonna miss all the things they bend over and pick up for me for the next 2 weeks. (Like their dirty clothes?!)
10. Pregnancy hormones be damned. I welled up watching that SWA tail fin zoom away. Not just because of the work-out my midsection will be getting from 34 to 36 weeks gestation! Sniffle.
Thankfully, while I was creating consternation among TSA agents and travelers, I did have amazingly brunette hair! Patty Grace and the Sand Crab could open up a salon together someday. Surely, they would be the Most Literate Stylists in the history of modern cosmetology. I have the name of their salon: EruDite. Doesn't that just sound so shi-shi?!
Granted, not without a lot of logistical support and a few minor hurdles beforehand:
1. Jamie looked like, well, a toad. A toad prince, mind you, but drew a few curious stares in line for Southwest Airlines.
2. Between the 3 of us, we had but one carry-on (a wheelie backpack--essentially, a pharmacy on wheels) to keep track of and YET, managed to leave it at Starbuck's and not notice until we were waiting for sandwiches at Quizno's. That was fun, especially because I had to self-censor (see below, point 3).
3. Before we even left home, however, we had antics of grab-fanny including Jamie being pummelled into the hallway carpet by Jack resulting in, I fear, a most creative F-bomb. Due to the nature of this blog and due to the composition of readership, I will refrain from further details. Please note that it was creative in construction, utterance, and part of speech. The Sand Crab will be pleased, I'm certain!, to know that I am keeping my skills honed even in his absence.
4. Factoid: 2 bottled waters beyond TSA security checkpoints = $6.44
Factoid: Starbuck's may advertise kid's size cocoas ($1.10) at the Terminal 1 airport storefront; however, you will learn after investing 11 minutes in line that they don't have the cups in stock for kids' sizes and thus, will ante up for Grande (aka, Small). 2 extra ounces will cost you $2.40 per cup.
Factoid: Quizno's breakfast sandwiches become a virtual bargain at $4.29 per.
5. Speaking of Quizno's (again), Jamie insisted that -- despite not one time in his entire 9-years, 3-months on Planet Earth willingly ingesting a scrambled egg product -- he really wanted a ham, egg and cheese sandwich. (Jack had already ordered a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, but Jack is hardly a discerning connoisseur). That's why, 5 minutes later, Jack was seen holding a rectangular yellow egg-resembling item on his lap and soon after, shoving into his egg-hole. Grrrr...again, I was forced to engage in self-censorship due to the public venue I found myself.
6. Jack's math skills have been amazingly overrated by San Diego schools. I submit, as evidence, the fact that I directed Jack to obtain 3 seats "in a row" and he was holding down only 2. Mind you, this single-digit 1-1 correspondence concept is a kindergarten skill. I rest my case. The sunny-side-up (groan...egg pun!) of this situation is that I was forced to sit an aisle away whilst Jack inhaled the partially hydrogenated egg product with his paws and forced my censorship (as I could have otherwise hissed something inappropriate).
7. Jack's air travel competency (carry-on baggage responsibility aside) is highly superior to mine. He knew when he'd need to produce his boarding pass at each phase, whereas the Crab Queen got caught sending her boarding pass through the x-ray machine, causing the line to wait for it to reach the end of the tube before it could be examined and the Queen waved through the metal detector (not very regally waved, I might add!).
8. In a further TSA etiquette breach, Crab Queen forgot to take out a metal tube of hydrocortisone RX strength from her immense pockets and therefore set off the metal detector. It wasn't enough to be standing there in ridiculous blue surgical booties. I would point out that my belly pretty much excludes my hips from my vision but TSA wasn't very pleased with that excuse.
9. Jack was quick to relive last summer when I allegedly bemoaned that my Cinder-jack was traveling and who would do all those errands for me. He and Jamie determined that they are "Cinder-crabs" and that I was really gonna miss all the things they bend over and pick up for me for the next 2 weeks. (Like their dirty clothes?!)
10. Pregnancy hormones be damned. I welled up watching that SWA tail fin zoom away. Not just because of the work-out my midsection will be getting from 34 to 36 weeks gestation! Sniffle.
Thankfully, while I was creating consternation among TSA agents and travelers, I did have amazingly brunette hair! Patty Grace and the Sand Crab could open up a salon together someday. Surely, they would be the Most Literate Stylists in the history of modern cosmetology. I have the name of their salon: EruDite. Doesn't that just sound so shi-shi?!

1 comment:
Glad they are safe and sound...
Luv 2 u all...
Post a Comment