Sunday, July 20, 2008
Attempting to carry on in the absence of news...
After an entire day spent waiting for the Hotline to ring on Saturday, this morning Tim, Charlie, and I managed to:
* trek through Staples (for a ream of paper to print more "missing fry" leaflets);
* fill up our gas tank (10-cents-off, making me giddy that I was only paying $4.27/gallon) in case we need to set off on a reunion or rescue;
* exchange our DVDs at the "moo-vy stow" (in a feeble effort at distracting ourselves from our fret and worry); and
* drive-thru for lunch (because we need to sustain ourselves through this most difficult time).
MUST...KEEP...LOOKING!!!
-------------------------------------------
The Sand Castle continues to erode in the absence of the J-Crabs...yesterday morning, our expected 8-hours of childcare fell through (due to 102-fever of sitter). Yesterday night the dishwasher succumbed to a related, virulent illness, bursting a sink-top gasket and creating a geyser. (The Crab Queen was informed that lack of operational dishwasher was not an "emergency" by a maintenance clerk who clearly lacks himself the ability to discern the on-the-precipice status of the Castle at this time). In a related Castle mystery, the garage -- after being certified by my trap-setting friend, Javier, as 'possum-free -- was found wide open yesterday morning. During the aforementioned, unsatisfying call to the maintenance office, I mentioned that the garage would need to be re-certified as a no-marsupial-zone and the same yokel, who didn't see that dishwashers could be life-sustaining appliances, asked if the "opossum opened the door?"
I couldn't make this stuff up. Without my able hand-washers, I must add my suffering from dishpan hands to a growing list of maladies! Without my J-Crabs, there is no one to accuse of opening the garage (as Tim and Charlie were under continuous surveillance)!
* trek through Staples (for a ream of paper to print more "missing fry" leaflets);
* fill up our gas tank (10-cents-off, making me giddy that I was only paying $4.27/gallon) in case we need to set off on a reunion or rescue;
* exchange our DVDs at the "moo-vy stow" (in a feeble effort at distracting ourselves from our fret and worry); and
* drive-thru for lunch (because we need to sustain ourselves through this most difficult time).
MUST...KEEP...LOOKING!!!
-------------------------------------------
The Sand Castle continues to erode in the absence of the J-Crabs...yesterday morning, our expected 8-hours of childcare fell through (due to 102-fever of sitter). Yesterday night the dishwasher succumbed to a related, virulent illness, bursting a sink-top gasket and creating a geyser. (The Crab Queen was informed that lack of operational dishwasher was not an "emergency" by a maintenance clerk who clearly lacks himself the ability to discern the on-the-precipice status of the Castle at this time). In a related Castle mystery, the garage -- after being certified by my trap-setting friend, Javier, as 'possum-free -- was found wide open yesterday morning. During the aforementioned, unsatisfying call to the maintenance office, I mentioned that the garage would need to be re-certified as a no-marsupial-zone and the same yokel, who didn't see that dishwashers could be life-sustaining appliances, asked if the "opossum opened the door?"
I couldn't make this stuff up. Without my able hand-washers, I must add my suffering from dishpan hands to a growing list of maladies! Without my J-Crabs, there is no one to accuse of opening the garage (as Tim and Charlie were under continuous surveillance)!

1 comment:
Thank you for informing me that I am a card carrying "yokel". I also found myself wondering if it is not an "idiot crablet" leaving the door open but one crafty opossum...
Ahhh, another diagnosis at the hands of the anxious Crabby Queen" !
Come back J-Crabs, use your squirrely ways to escape your captors!
Post a Comment