Thursday, June 12, 2008
Wednesday~ A Day of Epiphanies
Epiphany #1
Received the go-ahead from Charlie's attorney to engage the assistance of an Educational Advocate. Received consent from Mr. Provider (AKA, Sand Crab) for the expenditure. In what I'm choosing to view as a wildly positive omen, the first available appointment for consultation is July 3rd (AKA, Anniversary of Wedded, um, Weddedness). So, Mr. Provider is off-the-hook for hunting for a brick or specialty T-shirt for his bride and I'm about to have someone else interact with Pat Matt & Co.
Epiphany #2
All that Liberty eating/drinking/carousing in tandem with all of our upgrades to the Crab Quarters (largely in the form of mattresses) suddenly reappeared with a grand total courtesy of our pals at Visa that Mr. Provider would *gulp* at the mere whisper of said numeral. Fortunately, I'm writing this information here and he'll either see 'n process and then call later or he'll miss this column and never-need-to-know.
Epiphany #3
There's a giant tear in my happy blue yard swing with canopy (and a running tear in my eye as a result). While I could a. try to mend it, much to the amusement of any who have seen my sewing efforts or b. throw some duct tape upon it (channeling Maj. Crab's Riverside Villa decor) or c. install a small tarp over the top (again, imitating Maj. Crab's accommodations sans sand bags), I could also just order a new one. Alas, see Epiphany #2 ... we're looking at ticky-tacky but shade. If there's one thing I can attest to: The Sky is Falling Over the Sandcastle. Feel free to vote via comment on what repair option sounds like the most fun or the most likely to make me the laughingstock of the cul-de-sac.
Epiphany #4
Baseball season is o-v-e-r. Jamie's team lost last night. Jamie had a great game at first base with one diving stop and unassisted put-out. No errors. 1 check-swing pop fly and a walk. The Cubbies lost 7-2.
Epiphany #5
Evidence that Charlie's IEP is completely a game. Received a fresh, "updated" version that was -- not surprisingly -- an incomplete response to my records request. Just the final assessment report and draft present levels & goals. Not even worth looking at since I have Jack's IEP Thursday morning to survive.
Epiphany #6
The whole world looks so much less overwhelming after the housecleaner comes. Perhaps that's why Patty Kiki is thinking that no advocacy is needed -- just multiple times per week of cleaning support.
Epiphany #7
The sitter is truly flaking. After all the drama with the mom of one of the neighborhood kids (re: Jamie), the sitter who had Jamie and only Jamie home for 3.25 hours of yesterday afternoon decided that she could sit inside (watching TV, talking on the phone, surfing the 'net, snoozing?) while he roamed the 'hood unobserved. Not only was he not supervised while interacting with the Exact Child of Scorn & Discontent, but he was AT THEIR HOME and AROUND THE BLOCK. When I called home (having learned this while I was taking Patty SW to lunch en route to airport), she tried to assert that Patty Kiki could not be right...that he was right across the street (AGAIN UNSUPERVISED). Insomuch as my cleaning lady (see Epiphany #6) had been there within minutes of this revelation, it's not like she was burdened with dishes n' laundry n' housekeeping -- not that those tasks ever supplant the child oversight role!
Received the go-ahead from Charlie's attorney to engage the assistance of an Educational Advocate. Received consent from Mr. Provider (AKA, Sand Crab) for the expenditure. In what I'm choosing to view as a wildly positive omen, the first available appointment for consultation is July 3rd (AKA, Anniversary of Wedded, um, Weddedness). So, Mr. Provider is off-the-hook for hunting for a brick or specialty T-shirt for his bride and I'm about to have someone else interact with Pat Matt & Co.
Epiphany #2
All that Liberty eating/drinking/carousing in tandem with all of our upgrades to the Crab Quarters (largely in the form of mattresses) suddenly reappeared with a grand total courtesy of our pals at Visa that Mr. Provider would *gulp* at the mere whisper of said numeral. Fortunately, I'm writing this information here and he'll either see 'n process and then call later or he'll miss this column and never-need-to-know.
Epiphany #3
There's a giant tear in my happy blue yard swing with canopy (and a running tear in my eye as a result). While I could a. try to mend it, much to the amusement of any who have seen my sewing efforts or b. throw some duct tape upon it (channeling Maj. Crab's Riverside Villa decor) or c. install a small tarp over the top (again, imitating Maj. Crab's accommodations sans sand bags), I could also just order a new one. Alas, see Epiphany #2 ... we're looking at ticky-tacky but shade. If there's one thing I can attest to: The Sky is Falling Over the Sandcastle. Feel free to vote via comment on what repair option sounds like the most fun or the most likely to make me the laughingstock of the cul-de-sac.
Epiphany #4
Baseball season is o-v-e-r. Jamie's team lost last night. Jamie had a great game at first base with one diving stop and unassisted put-out. No errors. 1 check-swing pop fly and a walk. The Cubbies lost 7-2.
Epiphany #5
Evidence that Charlie's IEP is completely a game. Received a fresh, "updated" version that was -- not surprisingly -- an incomplete response to my records request. Just the final assessment report and draft present levels & goals. Not even worth looking at since I have Jack's IEP Thursday morning to survive.
Epiphany #6
The whole world looks so much less overwhelming after the housecleaner comes. Perhaps that's why Patty Kiki is thinking that no advocacy is needed -- just multiple times per week of cleaning support.
Epiphany #7
The sitter is truly flaking. After all the drama with the mom of one of the neighborhood kids (re: Jamie), the sitter who had Jamie and only Jamie home for 3.25 hours of yesterday afternoon decided that she could sit inside (watching TV, talking on the phone, surfing the 'net, snoozing?) while he roamed the 'hood unobserved. Not only was he not supervised while interacting with the Exact Child of Scorn & Discontent, but he was AT THEIR HOME and AROUND THE BLOCK. When I called home (having learned this while I was taking Patty SW to lunch en route to airport), she tried to assert that Patty Kiki could not be right...that he was right across the street (AGAIN UNSUPERVISED). Insomuch as my cleaning lady (see Epiphany #6) had been there within minutes of this revelation, it's not like she was burdened with dishes n' laundry n' housekeeping -- not that those tasks ever supplant the child oversight role!

No comments:
Post a Comment