Sunday, June 15, 2008

May Spud R.I.P.

Jack's 'tater was "adopted" by his science teacher.

I suspect this mass adoption was to avoid food fights or the incredible likelihood that someone would be knocked unconscious and/or a window broken by a heavy projectile.

As it turns out the experience was supposed to simulate being, and I quote Jack (who is air-quoting his teacher), "an unwed teenage parent." Just as I thought!

The good news is that:

a. Jack thinks it was a dumb project (i.e., carrying a potato around school inside a shoebox bears absolutely no relationship to having responsibility for an actual human); and

b. Jack realizes how dangerously close he came to having to tote a citrus fruit so we have re-established the way the balance of power teeters in this sand castle; and

c. The somewhat musty smell of rotting potato is removed as a source of violation to my ever-vigilant olfactory senses; and

d. The saga of the Potato is ended.



No comments: