Thursday, June 26, 2008
Prankster Queen ...
No one is safe.
Today, mid-morning, I ventured on one of the multiple trips per week to Von's, our nearby grocery store, and as I sought parking I noticed a USS P-------n magnet on the back of a gray minivan. "Hmmm...", thought I, "that must be Patty Kiki." So I circled round and parked facing her van. "Tee-hee", I chortled, "I'll leave her my calling card." So I grabbed an omnipresent fast-food napkin (Wendy's and not even used!) and scribbled, "You can run...but you cannot hide" and then emerged my own van to leave it on hers. As I approached, I recalled that Patty Kiki is not one for locking up the vehicle so thought I'll just put it right in on her seat rather than having her start to drive before noticing the calling napkin.
As I prepared to open the door, I had that split-second registration that the windows were slightly ajar and looked for her poodle. Instead, to my surprise, I spied a boy in swimming trunks crawling around the interior -- I think eating some type of processed-sugar-enriched substance.
"Pat Joe!" I yelped..."Is your mom getting a Starbucks inside?"
"Yeah...and shopping, too," he volunteered.
Thinking surely Patty Kiki must not be long for the store, I helped my pregnant-lazy-self to her driver's seat and settled in with my friend, Pat Joe. I was swiftly rewarded at the sight of Patty Kiki, pushing a cart with express-lane-exceeding-quantity of goods. It was only then that I realized the gift from God that she couldn't see me between the angle and the windows.
Right as she got within an arm's-length of her own van, I did the witch-cackle,
"Ha-HA!" Supremely rewarding was the combination of startle response by Patty Kiki with complete stunned countenance (which one most seldomly witnesses on Patty Kiki's always-prepared face).
Besides the fact that Patty Kiki is a dear friend and my sole local gofer of Immodium in an Hour of Need, she remains fair game. In an effort to point out the sunny side of being Crab-queened, I did note that were her own name Patty [Crab Queen], there would be at least 2 Child Protective Service workers with a black helicopter circling overhead as a TV news team provided live-feed of Pat Joe being administered ice chips by a frantic, overconcerned busybody.
As payback to her for the simple unadulterated joy of being today's contestant on "candid Crab Queen camera", I helped unload groceries and took her cart. (Yes, she did also have a Starbucks in hand). Who says I'm not a helper?
Today, mid-morning, I ventured on one of the multiple trips per week to Von's, our nearby grocery store, and as I sought parking I noticed a USS P-------n magnet on the back of a gray minivan. "Hmmm...", thought I, "that must be Patty Kiki." So I circled round and parked facing her van. "Tee-hee", I chortled, "I'll leave her my calling card." So I grabbed an omnipresent fast-food napkin (Wendy's and not even used!) and scribbled, "You can run...but you cannot hide" and then emerged my own van to leave it on hers. As I approached, I recalled that Patty Kiki is not one for locking up the vehicle so thought I'll just put it right in on her seat rather than having her start to drive before noticing the calling napkin.
As I prepared to open the door, I had that split-second registration that the windows were slightly ajar and looked for her poodle. Instead, to my surprise, I spied a boy in swimming trunks crawling around the interior -- I think eating some type of processed-sugar-enriched substance.
"Pat Joe!" I yelped..."Is your mom getting a Starbucks inside?"
"Yeah...and shopping, too," he volunteered.
Thinking surely Patty Kiki must not be long for the store, I helped my pregnant-lazy-self to her driver's seat and settled in with my friend, Pat Joe. I was swiftly rewarded at the sight of Patty Kiki, pushing a cart with express-lane-exceeding-quantity of goods. It was only then that I realized the gift from God that she couldn't see me between the angle and the windows.
Right as she got within an arm's-length of her own van, I did the witch-cackle,
"Ha-HA!" Supremely rewarding was the combination of startle response by Patty Kiki with complete stunned countenance (which one most seldomly witnesses on Patty Kiki's always-prepared face).
Besides the fact that Patty Kiki is a dear friend and my sole local gofer of Immodium in an Hour of Need, she remains fair game. In an effort to point out the sunny side of being Crab-queened, I did note that were her own name Patty [Crab Queen], there would be at least 2 Child Protective Service workers with a black helicopter circling overhead as a TV news team provided live-feed of Pat Joe being administered ice chips by a frantic, overconcerned busybody.
As payback to her for the simple unadulterated joy of being today's contestant on "candid Crab Queen camera", I helped unload groceries and took her cart. (Yes, she did also have a Starbucks in hand). Who says I'm not a helper?

No comments:
Post a Comment