Friday, June 27, 2008
Revenge of the Bumps...
Jamie has those bumps again on his neck and cheeks. I'm so done for this day.
They cannot be scabies as not a one of the rest of us got them.
They cannot be scabies as I've treated twice already (and tonight a 3rd slathering of my pal Elimite just for good measure).
Therefore, I am resigned to offer new and/or re-tread guesses:
* contact dermatitis
* alternative bug bites impervious to the diabolical Elimite cream
* allergic reaction to sunscreen, sweat, grass, or some combination thereof
* strange weekend-only rash
* some fresh, new Hades-on-Earth plague
Of course, Jamie didn't have them this morning when I applied his sunscreen with love, devotion, and scrutiny and he didn't have them (or at least didn't mention them) this afternoon between camp/shower/out the door again but when Patty Kiki brought the J-Crabs home from spectating at the Minors All-Stars game, she mentioned the bumpiness.
Naturally, 8:02 p.m. and the appointment line is closed for the next 12-hours so zero ability to do any scheduling of Saturday before Saturday. I'm done.
They cannot be scabies as not a one of the rest of us got them.
They cannot be scabies as I've treated twice already (and tonight a 3rd slathering of my pal Elimite just for good measure).
Therefore, I am resigned to offer new and/or re-tread guesses:
* contact dermatitis
* alternative bug bites impervious to the diabolical Elimite cream
* allergic reaction to sunscreen, sweat, grass, or some combination thereof
* strange weekend-only rash
* some fresh, new Hades-on-Earth plague
Of course, Jamie didn't have them this morning when I applied his sunscreen with love, devotion, and scrutiny and he didn't have them (or at least didn't mention them) this afternoon between camp/shower/out the door again but when Patty Kiki brought the J-Crabs home from spectating at the Minors All-Stars game, she mentioned the bumpiness.
Naturally, 8:02 p.m. and the appointment line is closed for the next 12-hours so zero ability to do any scheduling of Saturday before Saturday. I'm done.

5 comments:
Well, let's get this stuff taken care of! Heh-I do not want it in Illinois. :)
Mentally flipping Aunt Patty Cake the claw!
Sounds similar to Stephen's dermographia -- and the bizarre bumps/blotches that he gets when he encounters ocean water (or even pool water)...
I say that it is allergy related...Any Zyrtec on his planet?
Takes Zyrtec 10 mg., Singulaire, Nasonex, Prilosec, and other inhaler asthma meds.
Yeah, I was pretty sure that it was...just a friend trying to help, poorly
Post a Comment