Home again with only a slight dramatic interlude from Charlie when he saw our beloved Lauren (an ABA interventionist) and decided to WOO, LOSE HIS MIND and BANG HIS HEAD with a side of "Get out of Bis HOUSE!" Mercifully, this bizarre reaction was short-lived. (Mean Charlie!)
Fortunately, the cleaning crew arrived to right our on-the-brink house and Tim & I excused ourselves to Von's. Again, Tim (reprising his role as Class President & Mayor of ACES Academy) was a golden shopper. He even returned a Blockbuster movie to the slot.
Home again to offload and replenish the larder much to Tim's delight and equilibrium. Then our sitter arrived to watch Tim whilst Charlie & I & Charlie's lunch (look, Ma, no McDonald's!) got on the road for OT, Part Deux.
Realizing that I was making amazing time since we weren't going through a drive-thru, we stopped at the Wal-Mart Garden Center and bought the object of much adoration (on Charlie's part): a small (8" tall) cactus, complete with thorns. So much rapture for only $7.41. Yes, this act of generosity was undertaken by the very same spendthrift who wouldn't part with a buck for a stupid potato. Do the math: the cactus has a 1-year guarantee (with receipt).

Charlie had a fantabulous OT session (to which I credit in equal parts the therapist and the prickly plant in the van) and we learned that no one could cover the afternoon school session at St. Mark's. So we came home, located Tim's library card, and proceeded to the library. We came, we saw, we found three books that related (at least in theory) to the preferred topic: "Constwuct-zon! Constwuct-zun!" And to reinforce the idea that libraries are good, libraries are fun: A Go, Diego, Go "DBD".
Home again to unload yesterday's Grand Hunt Finds (flip-flops and rash guards for the J-crabs). And Patty Kiki brought the J-crabs home.
At present, I am enjoying a fairly calm and orderly changing of the guard as 2 sitters have arrived and 1 is preparing to depart having bathed Charlie and started the glorious hot dog n' fries dinner.
Oh, if every day could go this swimmingly.

3 comments:
What camp are the J-crabs at and what are rash guards? Sounds suspicious.
How is the cactus holding up? Do you really think it will last that year?
1. This week's camp is "Build-It", wherein they spend about half-a-day doing wood-working in closed-toe shoes. Dan & Sam & Luke from the 'hood are all participating, too.
2. Rash guards are special UV-blocking garments that surfers (and children with over-protecting mothers) don to, well, not get sunburnt. They were available at Gap and Old Navy and Target in mass quantities, but I turned my nose up at the price (which I am now happily paying with a poorer selection).
3. It's a freakin' cactus. I live in a desert clime and it has thorns to protect it from errant little hands. I just cannot figure out why it has taken me this long on the planet to find my botanical calling...the self-sufficient plant.
4. APC - you are definitely in the running for the Very Special Sand Castle Door Prize for Most Loyal Commenteer. Let that be a lesson unto ye other readers to comment! comment! comment!
Post a Comment