I encountered what can only be termed a HANKERING for a treat that visiting clan tote from O'Hare: Chicago cheddar and carmel popcorn mix.
So I ordered some online. I cannot even confess how much it cost to receive a one-gallon tin. Okay, 33 clams. (We trade in sea critter currency).
That lasted, thanks to the poaching of others, less than 24-hours.
And the dratted tin arrived with a "free shipping on next order" offer. So I ordered another. We upgraded to 2-gallons. Do your own math.
Meanwhile, I have begun the great quest for San Diego-based gourmet dressed popcorn. Many have entered the contest, but so far only Trader Joe's caramel corn has met the caramel corn need. Sadly, Trader Joe's white cheddar popcorn doesn't hold up very well when mixed with the caramel corn. Both TJ's products have popped kernals smaller and, ergo, less satisfying than the Garrett version. And my ratio is a bit off. However, I can fill a gallon tin for under $5 so may have to recalibrate my sweet/salt tooth.
Fearing that Splashdown of the Frugal Crab will curtail my Garrett consumption! Humph!
Wrigley Field tin.
The perfect salty and sweet, crunchy and chewy snack!

2 comments:
Not that you NEED to know this, but I believe they also sell at Midway! heheheheheeee
It's either them or Nuts on Clark. They're both excellent!!!!!
I shouldn't have gotten you started but it sure is tasty!
My ass-shell thanks you. A ton. Which it now weighs.
Post a Comment