Friday, May 15, 2009
IEP Season is Kicking Off Soon.
I couldn't be LESS motivated. (Sadly, our family is so disconnected from the Surface Navy, that I didn't even type "swo-tivated" as I might in the past).
Tim's case manager is tweaked with me because I'm being somewhat particular (damn me!) about his triennial assessment plan. Call me an ass-clown for expecting that they review his progress and establish his areas of need. Best worst line, "We didn't think you'd want his gross motor skills assessed." Huh?! Because he's busy setting land speed records for ambulation when fleeing from an off-leash dog? Or because he cannot perform one standard push-up? Quick--Pick one!
It's all good because I'm tweaked with the District for erecting a series of hurdles regarding Tim's general education high school options. That joy continues and we have no idea where he can go, what the bell times are, what the classes would be, etc.
Tim initially picked Art (from a choice of Band, Drama, and Art) but as I've become a bit more educated on high school course offerings here in San Diego, it appears there might be other options. Then, of course, this is Tim's transition IEP (when we discuss Vocational issues as well as transition to Adult Programming). And, of course, this is also the IEP where we officially determine that he's not Diploma-bound. The only sure-thing is there will be CQ tears.
----
Jack's IEP will be an experience in depression given his "not great" performance in core classes this year. As blogged previously, Band and PE shouldn't carry one's GPA.
As an added crunchy slice of Purgatory, he breathlessly reported to me yesterday that the 8th grade "Life Science" classes were (and I quote) "practicing with condoms." Just one more reason to donate my organs to science and proceed with home schooling ... or sell a kidney abroad and proceed with parochial placement. God bless the Castle!
----
Jamie's IEP continues to be implemented, allegedly, but there's been no word on a 504 Plan that I requested months ago. If I had energy and follow-through, I'd file a complaint with the CA Dept of Education. Sadly, I have merely exhaustion and an ever-growing "to-do" list, so I just send sporatic reminder e-mail messages.
----
And then there's Charlie-boy. We have a meeting scheduled, but as of this typing, I'm seriously contemplating throwing DOS (2) curve balls. First, I may ask for an NPS referral. Second, I may ask the team what it would look like for Charlie to have an appropriate class created for him at his school of residence (i.e., what the District claims to want to do). Third, I may counter-offer his current behavior folks taking over the aide support. But, CQ, that's THREE curve balls. Yep, and I'll have more than that on the mound by June 2nd!!
Tim's case manager is tweaked with me because I'm being somewhat particular (damn me!) about his triennial assessment plan. Call me an ass-clown for expecting that they review his progress and establish his areas of need. Best worst line, "We didn't think you'd want his gross motor skills assessed." Huh?! Because he's busy setting land speed records for ambulation when fleeing from an off-leash dog? Or because he cannot perform one standard push-up? Quick--Pick one!
It's all good because I'm tweaked with the District for erecting a series of hurdles regarding Tim's general education high school options. That joy continues and we have no idea where he can go, what the bell times are, what the classes would be, etc.
Tim initially picked Art (from a choice of Band, Drama, and Art) but as I've become a bit more educated on high school course offerings here in San Diego, it appears there might be other options. Then, of course, this is Tim's transition IEP (when we discuss Vocational issues as well as transition to Adult Programming). And, of course, this is also the IEP where we officially determine that he's not Diploma-bound. The only sure-thing is there will be CQ tears.
----
Jack's IEP will be an experience in depression given his "not great" performance in core classes this year. As blogged previously, Band and PE shouldn't carry one's GPA.
As an added crunchy slice of Purgatory, he breathlessly reported to me yesterday that the 8th grade "Life Science" classes were (and I quote) "practicing with condoms." Just one more reason to donate my organs to science and proceed with home schooling ... or sell a kidney abroad and proceed with parochial placement. God bless the Castle!
----
Jamie's IEP continues to be implemented, allegedly, but there's been no word on a 504 Plan that I requested months ago. If I had energy and follow-through, I'd file a complaint with the CA Dept of Education. Sadly, I have merely exhaustion and an ever-growing "to-do" list, so I just send sporatic reminder e-mail messages.
----
And then there's Charlie-boy. We have a meeting scheduled, but as of this typing, I'm seriously contemplating throwing DOS (2) curve balls. First, I may ask for an NPS referral. Second, I may ask the team what it would look like for Charlie to have an appropriate class created for him at his school of residence (i.e., what the District claims to want to do). Third, I may counter-offer his current behavior folks taking over the aide support. But, CQ, that's THREE curve balls. Yep, and I'll have more than that on the mound by June 2nd!!

2 comments:
God Bless IEP's
If you need someone with "connections", give me a call! Hee Hee!
Post a Comment