Saturday, May 9, 2009

GMK, LLGA, and an Unattended Beer

Here it is, Mother's Day Eve.

I finished feeding Lucy. I heated up what Crazy Bread (TM) remained (that is to say, 5/8ths of one order) and took Lucy out of her high chair to be a Free Range Baby. GMK took the cordless to call Grandpa Mike and decided to egress the living room. I returned to the kitchen to grab my Goose Island.

And, upon returning to the living room myself, ALERT-SIRENS-FLASHING LIGHTS, there's Lucy with an upended Beverage. And a now-empty heavy glass. Sitting on the carpet. A wet spot was evident on the floor and another upon her fetching blue floral dress.

One sniff told me that it was an alcoholic beverage.

So, I did what any good mother would do, I multi-tasked: blotted up the spill and shrieked at the culprit. The culprit? She Who Left a Beverage at Baby Height (on the edge of Lucy's favorite stomping (er, pull-upping) ground)). Yes, that would be GMK.

GMK observed that even if Lucy had consumed the entire amount, she was unlikely to become "dangerously intoxicated". She stated this in her typically unabashed manner as I had my nose inside Lucy's mouth as a sort of Human Maternal Breathalizer (patent pending).

GMK then mentioned that the offending beverage was a "Sam Adams Black Lager." Great. Baby's First Brew.

GMK: "She doesn't seem too impaired, does she?"

Jack: "Mom, I think Lucy looks pretty wobbly."

Just another relaxing Crab Queen mealtime.

No comments: