
J-Crab, Sr.
* E-mail exchange with Jack's sweetheart of a coach, which doubles as evidence that I'm capable of writing an unabrasive e-mail message:
Hi, Coach~
Jack reported that he had a lengthy conversation about All-Stars with you and that he wanted to participate. It was my impression that he wasn't probably a Majors All-Star this year and sort of discouraged him from pursuing it. Not trying to be a mean mom, just trying to help Jack connect with Reality. If I'm way off course, please advise. :-)
CQ
Hi CQ,
The kids are going to vote for 6 players, and the managers are going to pick the remaining 6 or 7 players. Jack has a decent shot at getting one of the last two slots for a few reasons: (1) he’s got a great attitude, (2) he’s smart, (3) he tries his hardest all the time, and (4) he’s a league age 12 so it’s his last shot at it. I told Jack that I’d lobby for him to be in, but I couldn’t guarantee anything because it’s not completely up to me.
I recommend that you put in the paperwork, and let’s see what happens. Definitely best to keep his feet grounded though … just in case it doesn’t work out.
Hope all is doing well,
Coach
J-Crab, Jr. * Funny story: During his convalescence, Jamie was seen getting a bit of fresh air by practicing his swing in the backyard. During particularly boring times, he was observed by the CQ to be practicing his swing against an Imaginary Pitcher as there was no evidence of a ball thrown and Jack was at school. Best of all and instigating CQ cackling was when Jamie was spotted practicing (pretending) evasive maneuvers at the plate. In other words, Jamie enacted over and over, with variations for whether the "ball" would hit his back, arm, leg, or noggin, what he would do to avoid being pegged.

"Come back, come back!!"

A few happy moments of containment in the playpen.

No comments:
Post a Comment