LLGA got an "A" for her second non-stress test. Completed reactivity proving within 20 minutes.
Normal presentation via ultrasound.
My BP was 107/63.
Lost another 2 pounds despite maternal daily intake of chili fries exceeding recommended levels.
Amniotic fluid level is fine...last week it was "12" and this week it was "8". Normal is "5" to "20-ish".
LLGA heartrate 136.
Fundal length about 36 (it's not very scientific).

I grilled the first-time-meeting-him doctor about the fluid level and he seemed unimpressed with the 1/3 drop in reading. And he assured me that they would not expect me to go more than a week past due date -- esp. since I impressed upon him (per Patty Day-Na's advice) that I've assembled critical mass of childcare for a finite window. He also invoked the phrase "ripe cervix" (NOT in reference to me) which not only made me squeamish but provides further proof that these OB/GYN doctors like to make fruit references.
Next week, same drill. Yet another doctor.
*************************
Relax...I know the public REALLY wonders:
But were your toes the fairest in the Non-stress Test Facility?

Ah, ye of little faith: OF COURSE they were!
Not only were the little polka-dotted piggie-toes the belles of the Fetal Assessment Unit ball but they kicked pedicure ass in the OB/GYN clinic...even when compared to post-partum and here-for-my-annual-check tootsies!
Accumulated acclaim from many civilian and military nursing staff, thank you very much.
*************************
The truly serendipitous moment of my hospital visit:
CAPTAIN KLAM is back from Kuwait.
I know this because I was sitting in the courtyard waiting for either my prescription to flash across the screen or my OB appointment time to arrive. I'm chatting on my cell with GMK about Charlie's morning and my fluid levels (like I'm a car in desperate need of an oil change!) while I drink a huge bottle of water (and munch a Subway chocolate-chip cookie). Lo, I spy the good CAPT and he waves at me.
O Happy Day!
This fellow hard-shelled creature is the chair of the Mental Health Directorate (i.e., senior psychiatrist) for the Navy but also has a very limited caseload of child/adolescent patients. He'd been Tim's psychiatrist for more than 4 years before being deployed in late December to the Sand Crab's current theatre. Tim gets to resume seeing him in September.
While this by no means balances out the impending departure of Patty Kiki, it does reinforce that there are comings and not just goings in this fanciful Navy life.
*********************
Secondary happy note:
By some strange, joyful miracle Tim's non-formulary Rx was filled in its ENTIRETY today. It is truly astounding!
Only those readers experienced with the Naval Hospital's pharmacy Crab-hour sink-hole can appreciate the, er, AWESOMENESS of this happening.
**********************
Finally, and having not a whit to do with hospitals but plenty to do with LLGA, I present to you:
LOLA THE POODLE
Baby's Favorite Activity Buddy

She dangles, she crinkles, she squeaks and she (like her animate likeness) is hypoallergenic! Congratulations to Aunt Patty Toni for this girly-girl find!

1 comment:
It is a place devoid of logic and reason.
A place where money is spent with reckless abandon.
It is a place we call . . . . .
. . . . THE ESTROGEN ZONE
{Cue the Twilight Zone music}
Post a Comment