Grandma MK and I took Jack to Vision Therapy and explored the Poway Road Big Lots.
(This after a trip thru the "Der"). GMK also points out that we filled up with $3.9399 per gallon gas.
Everyone had a pretty uneventful day, what with our sitter here for 8-hours of bliss (ours, not hers) and a 2-hour nap for the Queen.
Prepared school supplies for the J-Crabs, as one less thing for APC and GMK to tackle. Finished packing my Labor/Delivery bag. Woo-woo.
------------------------------------------------
Grandma Mary Kay would like credit for the following super-exciting to blog about tasks, mostly in the category of Recovery from Timapalooza:
1. 3-loads of dishes in the automatic dishwasher;
2. 1-cantaloupe cut up;
3. 3-pounds of grape washing;
4. 4-loads of laundry through our automatic washer and dryer;
5. MUCHO nagging of Charlie, Jamie, Jack, Tim, and the Queen.
A real pioneer spirit of appliances!
------------------------------------------------
Somewhat Outlandish Conversation Overheard in the Crabmobile (aka, Ben's CR-V):
So I was bemoaning my cradle-free, bassinet-free, crib-free readiness for LLGA's arrival as we sauntered past a number of thrift shops near Jack's vision therapy HQ.
GMK tried to suggest that my babies had never used such gear (i.e., no sympathy and certainly zero interest in looking for said gear).
I rebutted, with "Au contraire, Jamie had a bassinet -- a hand-me-down from the Collins family."
Enter Jack into the conversation from the backseat, proving that a chili dog really cannot buy permanent silence:
"Where did I sleep when I was a baby?"
Feeling a bit irritable, I felt the need to go to the Land of Ridiculous and stated, "Oh, Jack. I suspended a mesh hammock across the toilet bowl and you slept there."
Jack, without missing a beat, announced, "I knew it! That's for sure a precious childhood memory!"

The drive home continued in this vein, with a most insightful conversation about which Crablet had the best childhood. Jamie was ruled out by virtue of his years-long hacking. Tim was ruled out because of yelling all the time. Charlie started to pull ahead until I zinged Jack back to reality with a reminder of brain surgery. Jack then allowed that perhaps he did have the best childhood.

3 comments:
I can't wait until Jackaroo has to make a DVD on "Growing Up Crablet" in some Seminar Class. You know the "toidy-hammock" will make an appearance. I'd be happy to make the DVD Cover, if so desired!
The Eldest of PSW's kids will be in SD between Aug 21 and the 31, should you need an emergency child care worker. He'll be staying with my nurse friend who wants to keep your tootsies safe!
Hate to jump ship here, but I have to agree with the Mary Kayster. Invariably we would buy these baby impliments only to collect "stuff" that is neither pink nor soft and cuddly.
While the Queen and weeeeee Princess are sprawled out on Mr. Provider's bed, the Crab is slinking off to the living room for a "couch for one."
Don't forget he is also escaping the Baby WWF wrestling match as the children get older.
Charlie should be nicknamed, "Hurricane Charlie the Masked Avenger."
Sand Crab wuz here
Post a Comment