Thursday, May 8, 2008

Here She Comes, Aunt St. Erin!

T-minus 3.25 hours to Erin's arrival at SAN airport.

The J's have Big Plans for her visit. Big Plans to mean Things that Mom Won't Allow (as well as Things that Mom Won't Bother to Do). My feelings could be a little hurt...I do laundry, I fetch drive-thru, I advocate, I tend to their illnesses and injuries, I nag them, I take them to the Opera, and so forth. Then again, their list does represent the creme de la creme of Fun Living.
Overheard thus far:
1. "Aunt Erin can take me to get my free Sammy's Wood-fired Pizza meal (earned by reading 8-books)."
2. "Aunt Erin is going with us to the Padres game Friday, right? Yay! She'll definitely buy us concessions," whispers one conspirator in a classic stage whisper.
3. "Aunt Erin will let us each rent a DVD at Blockbuster!" observes one.
"Yeah, and she'll even make sure we get to watch it at home," specifies the other.
4. "Aunt Erin will get Mom to let us play computer/video games." (Giggling)
"She always does when Mom's not looking."
5. "Aunt Erin is gonna take us to the bookstore, I bet."

And to think I was just looking forward to some help in the kitchen and laundry room!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

could you please modify your account to allow subscriptions, yes, beyond what you've already allowed for me... CHECK OUT FEEDBURNER or just check my blog!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo...watch out world, here you come (and if not you, the new name on the list for Canonization, whether or not she has the wherewithall to fund all of the extravagancies the children have it mind!