Wednesday, May 7, 2008
The following was shared with me by Ben. It is a brilliant friend's message to Ben following his promulgation of the "Farewell to San Diego" blog.
Mind you, my friend is generally unimpressed with blogs -- I believe her criticism of them was something like "such solipsistic natterings!" -- but her recommendations to Ben, an inbound strateegerist for the Global War On Terror, were so fresh and original and civilized, that I think they warrant mentioning, at least here in Sand Castle Land, where so few geopolitical notions have been considered thus far.
So, with gratitude to my anonymous source, here are her suggestions:
1)Consider changing the name of the Mahdi army to the Happy army. (I'm told branding is crucial in any organization.)
2) Howzabout those Air Force folks? Isn't time those peeps went over to see the Big Show?
3) Finally, could you see about just calling the whole Iraq thing a draw, and sending everybody home?
Mind you, my friend is generally unimpressed with blogs -- I believe her criticism of them was something like "such solipsistic natterings!" -- but her recommendations to Ben, an inbound strateegerist for the Global War On Terror, were so fresh and original and civilized, that I think they warrant mentioning, at least here in Sand Castle Land, where so few geopolitical notions have been considered thus far.
So, with gratitude to my anonymous source, here are her suggestions:
1)Consider changing the name of the Mahdi army to the Happy army. (I'm told branding is crucial in any organization.)
2) Howzabout those Air Force folks? Isn't time those peeps went over to see the Big Show?
3) Finally, could you see about just calling the whole Iraq thing a draw, and sending everybody home?

No comments:
Post a Comment