Friday, May 9, 2008

Ahhh, Mommy's Day -- from Jamie


Jamie provided me a lovely manilla envelope with a drawing of Earth, with the inscription, "To: Mom From: ?"

Inside was a "My mother is special because..." essay. Here it is:

"She raised me and because she takes me to resturants and lets me play video games. She makes me do a lot of chores. That is fun. She lets me get baseball cards. I am lucky that I have a place to live. My mom is the best mom ever! Love, Jamie"

But, wait, there's a card -- clearly inspired by the special, visiting poetry teacher -- which states:

"Happy Mother's Day.
Dear Mom,
You hard-working words reflect on my heart.
In my gentle, kind heartsong, you reflect the love of rivers of caring, forgiveness and truth.
I want to tell you, magic is kindness and you are the loving sky of peace.
Love, Jamie"

Jamie's Cub Scout pack also arranged for a Very Special Silver charm on a chain that is stamped "jamie". (Of course, I'll need to spend another $32 to add 4 more charms to it for that "I have a set" feeling).

No comments: