Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 28 or 4-weeks-down or May 24th

Early "Reveille" (pre-dawn) to get the J-crabs up and dressed in order that the Supremely-Motivated Patty Kiki could take them to the Memorial Weekend Flag-Posting Scout event at Fort Rosecrans Ceremony on Point Loma. Here's some photos of them beforehand:








Not sure why it is that Jamie's shoulders look like I've weighed them down! POSTURE, people!




Shockingly, our sitter arrived a full hour early (9 a.m.) this morning; not so shockingly, she wants to also leave a full hour earlier than scheduled.

Frustrated Errand-Girl, An Under-sung Superheroine.

1. 24 minutes, 21 seconds of cell phone interaction surely across at least 1 ocean with Motorola's customer service to arrange a warrantied replacement of a cell phone accessory (car charger) that expired after less than 4-weeks of mild use. (That was after 8 minutes with Verizon's customer service to get the information necessary to contact Motorola). The fact that I didn't ask to be bumped up to a supervisor is due to my supreme -- and highly unusual -- reservoir of patience.

2. 50 minutes in the Naval Hospital main pharmacy AND I forgot my book. After all that, the inventory did not support the Rx so I get to return for a do-over (short 12 quantity of 1-mg and 194 (one-hundred and ninety-four!!) quantity of 2-mg.

3. Target Boutique for a replacement of the broken TV/DVD remote control. *** Upon returning home, it seems that I am unqualified to program the $6.99 cheapskate version I selected and, this errand, too, shall prove a do-over unless "the Darrin" can intercede.

4. Vons to procure our family's contribution to tomorrow's Memorial Day celebration in the cul-de-sac. Thinking "I can have a nicer-looking vegie tray than that [the 3.5 lb. one that was on special for $9.99], I spent over $15 on a la carte items. Splurged on "patriotic frosted sugar cookies", too. (Think blue-frosted Lofthouse(TM) with red/white/blue stars...YUMMY! I know I'll have blue teeth and lips while chatting with my neighbors...it's a look.)

Sensing a trend of Throwing Inordinate Effort at Activities Likely to Require Additional Effort at Some Future Date, I went home. Funny, that's pretty much a description of running the Sand Castle and parenting the Crablets. Never a "to-do-list" that gets permanently crossed off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moira - Head She Crab and mother of crablets,
I'm really enjoying the blogs. Maybe, one of these years, I'll learn to embrace the electronic monsters. Obviously, you write good instructions and yours truly can follow them.
By the way, we had Caleb all week and he went to sleep riding on the "traktor" (riding lawnmower) yesterday.

Love,
Dan the Chiggerrancher