Friday, June 19, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane: 1972-1974

Ah-HA! Lucy's thighs, explained.




If not my 2nd birthday, pretty close. Grandma Mary and Grandpa John.

If you don't LOVE this chair, you have no soul.

I loved that Little People Farm.

What a dress.

What a picture!

Grandma Phyllis, stylish even in an apron, playing Little People.

My uncle Phil.

Before Queen of the Castle, she was Queen of the Sofa.



Christmas, 1972.

What a squirrel. I suspect this is out-of-sequence and that this was first and the somber face above the result of scolding for wasting a snapshot.


My Grandpa Jim.


PROOF! that GMK had children of her own that stood atop furniture.


Christmas, 1972 - Charlie's smile I daresay.


Clearly, a well-behaved crablet. I remember being terrified of some type of crab lurking near the beach, by the way.


In (er, dangling above) the Atlantic.


Our mystery picture. That's me and (I think) my cousin in matching attire at my dad's parents' home with the flocked tree.


Somewhere near Ft. Lauderdale (north of there). Hmmm, a mystery.
I'm the pale one with my tan Grandma Phyllis. (Why o why did my genes miss those legs and that melanin?)

Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Pre-Jimmy, 1974. By the way, I have vivid memories of "crab races" and wagers.

2 comments:

Nonyabyzness said...

that so looks like SEAN to me!

Erin said...

I don't really remember that chair, but I do own that very same (heavy) sofa that you stood upon. Obviously re-upholstered though