Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Failtastic #3
But it doesn't stop there, Failtastic Fans.
Jamie had his last regular-season game of the year last night. GMK drove him for drop-off.
While at home/preparing dinner between warm-up and game-time, GMK mentions that she chipped in $10 for a Coach's gift.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
Someone sidled up to her and said, "You're Jamie's Grandma, right? I'm collecting money for gifts for our coaches." So GMK forked over $10 of her own cash-stash.
"But she hit me -- "you're Jamie's mom, right?" -- last week at practice. And I gave $15!"
We compared notes and it was the Very Same person. I went a bit ballistic as she was asking each family for $10 and there's 12 families and she told GMK she'd collected $150 (before the $10 from GMK's wallet!). Hullo, Math Whiz, 12 x $10 = $120! Instructed GMK to ask for her money back.
The scam-dar is up, engaged, and locked on. Because when GMK went back to the ballfield for the game, this supposed-parent was nowhere to be found. Grrr!
What kind of do-gooder begs cash from the kid's grandmother?! Imposter! Charlatan! Or, maybe (just maybe) someone is roving the planet of Little League even more disorganized and bedraggled than the CQ.
Jamie had his last regular-season game of the year last night. GMK drove him for drop-off.
While at home/preparing dinner between warm-up and game-time, GMK mentions that she chipped in $10 for a Coach's gift.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
Someone sidled up to her and said, "You're Jamie's Grandma, right? I'm collecting money for gifts for our coaches." So GMK forked over $10 of her own cash-stash.
"But she hit me -- "you're Jamie's mom, right?" -- last week at practice. And I gave $15!"
We compared notes and it was the Very Same person. I went a bit ballistic as she was asking each family for $10 and there's 12 families and she told GMK she'd collected $150 (before the $10 from GMK's wallet!). Hullo, Math Whiz, 12 x $10 = $120! Instructed GMK to ask for her money back.
The scam-dar is up, engaged, and locked on. Because when GMK went back to the ballfield for the game, this supposed-parent was nowhere to be found. Grrr!
What kind of do-gooder begs cash from the kid's grandmother?! Imposter! Charlatan! Or, maybe (just maybe) someone is roving the planet of Little League even more disorganized and bedraggled than the CQ.

No comments:
Post a Comment