Not only Red Sox vs. Cards, but a battle to keep LLGA out of the sun. (She's wrestled her pink hat off in this photo...again!)It was quite a nail-biter today for the Majors play-offs.
Because of Jamie's game, I missed much of Jack's -- although I was there for all the exciting parts.
Jack started in left field.
Jack was 7th in the batting order and got the team's first hit (a single) in the bottom of the second inning with one of his "whack-a-mole" contact hits between third and short.
He rotated to the bench, during which time the CQ wandered over (while Jamie was riding the pine) and took this photo:

Jack was reinserted in the line-up in time to hit in the bottom of the fifth, when his team trailed 5-2 with 2-outs and the bases loaded. Talk about pressure!
Jack smacked it into shallow left-center field right where they weren't, scoring 1 RBI and keeping the rally alive. The next hitter smacked it (also where they weren't) and Jack made it to 3rd -- really hauling crablet-fanny.
Alas, with the score 5-5, Jack got into a pickle on a passed ball -- the third base coach left Jack a bit too much leash in terms of what "hang back" meant. So the game went into extra innings.
Jack played left field and saw no further action even as the opposition scored 2 runs. He did not come up to bat before his team scored 3 runs, to win the first of a best-of-three series against the Red Sox.
Yay!

2 comments:
Yay!!!
Great for Jack and Jamie both! Either they had great seasons or an extremely proud reporter/Mom--maybe it was a little of both! I am bummed that I missed their solid performances, but I am extremely proud of them both!
Love, Daddio
Post a Comment