Saturday, June 6, 2009

Little League Play-Offs: Cubs

#13 during the Little League Pledge.

Jamie's the one in the middle.

The Cubbies started out strong but fell pretty far behind before making a rally in the bottom-half of the open inning. They lost 13-11. Jamie was 2-for-3, and scored twice. Played center field and first base and took a ride on the bench for an inning. During a steal situation at third base, where Jamie was the runner, the ball pegged him HARD. Play stopped -- players taking a knee -- until Jamie could recover. We were telling him to "shake it off" and didn't bother icing it. But afterward, it was a pretty impressive haematoma.

Injury: Close-up of his inner-shin or as we are now calling it, "Jaime's third knee".

2 comments:

Erin said...

Man, Jamie really takes one for the team. Remember his hit in the chest tough guy pose from last year?
Argh- I may have to find that and forward on to the CQ.

wife of crabby sand crab said...

Great for Jack and Jamie both! Either they had great seasons or an extremely proud reporter/Mom--maybe it was a little of both! I am bummed that I missed their solid performances, but I am extremely proud of them both!

Love, Daddio