Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ku-WAZY!

If one more civilian asks, after I've already stated "he's still in Kuwait": "Oh, will he be home for the weekend?" I will throw caution to the beach breeze and LOSE MY MIND (all the way, I mean it!).

I'm so over this deployment, as Patty Mary (not a relative, but a CO's wife) would say.

The only thing holding the CQ together is the successful Above *& Beyond Awards that are completed AND the fabulous care-free 'do such that I looked somewhat presentable during my public speaking foray this evening. Without using a hair dryer, curling iron, or any product. Oh, and cake. Lots of cake. Tonight it appeared in the form of Costco cake (it's an awards ceremony), Anxiety Twinkies on the way there in the van, a lick of frosting on the way home, a chocolate muffin (a nursing mother needs to eat), and a partial Zinger (snacking). At this rate, my shell will split.

Helpful spousal tip o' the day: The Naval Crab will be well-advised to avoid any even round-about reduction in my cake intake until July 6th.

No comments: