Friday, January 23, 2009
Today's best moment
Setting: cluttered living room
Present: me, checking e-mail and Lucy, set down amidst her baby toys
Maybe 3 minutes elapse and I realize that Lucy has forsaken her collection of age-appropriate toys to roll/inchworm her way to Charlie's "crane"/"fishing pole" (shoe-lace connecting 2 mega-blocks). It is in her hand and then, blammo, the lace and about 7 knuckles are in her mouth.
It is the mixed look of wonderment, pride, and curiousity that I savored.
Well, for the 1.87 seconds before I snatched the LACE! the GERMS! out of her meaty clutches.
And now she has made it to my chair. Pretty impressive that she can make such progress with at least one hand in her mouth. Teething-in-progress, it appears.
Wait, she's been lured by the rolled-up AeroBed cord. Good grief.
Present: me, checking e-mail and Lucy, set down amidst her baby toys
Maybe 3 minutes elapse and I realize that Lucy has forsaken her collection of age-appropriate toys to roll/inchworm her way to Charlie's "crane"/"fishing pole" (shoe-lace connecting 2 mega-blocks). It is in her hand and then, blammo, the lace and about 7 knuckles are in her mouth.
It is the mixed look of wonderment, pride, and curiousity that I savored.
Well, for the 1.87 seconds before I snatched the LACE! the GERMS! out of her meaty clutches.
And now she has made it to my chair. Pretty impressive that she can make such progress with at least one hand in her mouth. Teething-in-progress, it appears.
Wait, she's been lured by the rolled-up AeroBed cord. Good grief.

No comments:
Post a Comment