Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Guest Blogger: J-crab, Sr. on His Day

Jack has just arrived home, breathless and grumpy:

"We had to watch the Inauguration and then discuss it in every class today. Well, I told them that I didn't think that Politics belonged in middle school. I mean, ALL the teachers were political today. I just said, 'Separation of Politics and School please.'"

GMK and I have tried to explain that this is civics and history and it is part of education.

Jack rebutted that they were required to quote from Mr. Obama's speech and make a positive comment about it. No negative comments allowed.

John Allbritton was for John McCain and the former is still coming to grips with November's vote on the latter.

Jamie walked into the room and pointed out that his class watched, too. No drama, no upset. Just matter-of-fact remark followed by a "Can I please play Wii?"

-------------------

Crablet consternation aside, my positive comment would definitely be that Mrs. Obama's dress/coat/gloves ensemble was elegant.

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh Jack---so sensitive.

wife of crabby sand crab said...

Make that 2 for 2 for Mrs. Obama...the ball gown was a "10"!

Patty SW said...

My kids came home complaining of Obamamania at school during finals no less...

Oh well...let the midwestern child rearing commence! A lesson in sucking it up by yours truly and a trusty kitchen utensil!