Thursday, January 8, 2009
Quote of the Day
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-- Time Enough for Love, Robert Heinlein
---------
I'm at about 50%...pitching manure having been a forte of mine in a previous phase and changing diapers (a close relative of pitching manure) being a current activity to which I am uniquely qualified.
Wonder if repairing a blunt-force trauma to an innocent drywall would count as both building a wall and setting a bone?
-- Time Enough for Love, Robert Heinlein
---------
I'm at about 50%...pitching manure having been a forte of mine in a previous phase and changing diapers (a close relative of pitching manure) being a current activity to which I am uniquely qualified.
Wonder if repairing a blunt-force trauma to an innocent drywall would count as both building a wall and setting a bone?

1 comment:
I believe THAT, my dear, comes in the box set of taking orders, fighting efficiently, and setting a bone.
Can I get an AMEN?
(Verification word? Inephipt..read by me as a inephithet -- what I was thinking upon reading Archer's latest and greatest military assault or dare I say assualt on the military -- how dare they taketh King Crab away!?!)
Post a Comment