Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bon Voyage, APC and Hello, New Tires

As Ben's mom arrived for a Tour of Duty at the Castle (let's call it Al-Allbritton Palace), APC was relieved to PCS (Permanent Change of Duty Station) back to Bloomington-Normal. Her focus on baggage weight and how many Charlie hand-me-downs could transit back to my young nephew distracted us from a full-fledged wah-fountain morning.

When LLGA, Ben's mom, and I returned (via Starbuck's) I called AAA to check out the van's tire pressure and battery -- as, shockingly, our annual membership has multiple free service calls remaining with only a couple of weeks to use them. Sure enough, it is the Al-All Palace and the verdict was better-replace-those-tires.

Off to Discount Tires on Garnet with LLGA in tow (ha, get it? little broken-down auto pun there) and emerged with 2 Pireili (sp?) fancy-pants tires for my front-wheel drive van. The fellow helping me agreed that hubcaps were optional so I continue to careen about in a most cosmetically-appalling ride. But, boy, those tires look spiffy. Think they are like a distractingly fetching scarf!

2 comments:

wife of crabby sand crab said...

on a raggetty-ass-boasting-spit-up-stains-and-no-iron outfit. A look that is uniquely Crab Queen.

Erin said...

I will admit to the blog world that it was a partial wah-fountain morning on my behalf. Sorry Queen!