Friday, December 26, 2008

Guest Bloggers: J-Crabs on Rock-Climbing with Dad on Christmas Eve

Jamie: Ooooo...Solid Rock Gym. Yeah, Solid Rock! It was a fun experience.
Jack: There's only one picture [ed. note: actually two]...wanna know why?
Queen Crab: Why?
Jack: Because his battery ran out.


Jamie: This is me climbing an easy one.
Jack: The only pitch Mom could climb.
Me: That's not true! I climbed a bunch of them. Just not since Lucy was born.
Jack: Lies...all lies!


Jack: Type, 'Jack showing off his belaying skills."
Me: Ah, you have a skill?
Jack: Lies, lies, lies! (giggling)

-----------Painful Expressive Language Sample-------------------------

Jack: We went on Christmas Eve
Jamie: For about, like, three hours
Jack: It was fun
Jamie: I had a famous climbing pitch
Me: What does that mean?
Jamie: It used to be pretty hard and now I can do it.
Me: Tell me something else.
Jack: We got free cliff bars.
Me: Is that a food substitute?
Jack: It's like a granola bar. 'Cause there were free samples.
Jamie: Dad encouraged me to climb the whole mountain every time, but about three times I gave up.
Jack: I climbed every single one without being afraid.
Me: Jack, tell me about belaying your father.
Jack: He was heavy.
Me: Isn't it true (leading question but this is FAR from a court of law) that you belayed Dad's descent (repel) in an excruciatingly slow fashion?
Jack: Yes.
Me: Please expound on that answer.
Jack: Yes. At least I didn't let him fall to his injury!
Quit grilling me!
Jamie: It was raining that day...well, sprinkling.
Me: Did you use chalk?
Jack: No, they didn't let us!
Jamie: We didn't even use their shoes.
Me: Then, in summary...
Jack: It was fun but I think I said that already.
Jamie: It was AWESOME.
Jack: Yeah, awesome.

No comments: