Friday, August 7, 2009

Guest Blogger: Day 3 of Mikey's Excellent Vacation, In His Own Words

"Sea World was fun. We came to the entrance. First we went to Shipwreck Rapids. I got soaked and Grandma didn't. She got a little wet. It was fun, but we didn't go twice.

Then we went to the dolphins and I got a lot of footage of that.

Then we went to the sea otters. They were lazy, just sitting on the rafts.

Then we went to Sesame Street -- ha, just kidding, just playing.

We walked like this (circling, race-track with his finger) -- it's like punishment. Are you writing that down? I'm gonna be in trouble! I didn't say nothing. STOP!

We went to Flamingo cove. (Gun cocking noise) Good eating tonight! hahaha

Yes, we went to Shamu. Shamu was 35 years old and 8000 pounds. I taped it on the camcorder and Moira's lame. hahaha

At the Tide Pool part, I touched a red and blue starfish.

Then we went to Mango Joe's for lunch. I had something nasty but I was starving and I ate it all. Grandma had the fajita sandwich. Ow! (Charlie dropped a book on his toe).

Clyde and Seymour Sea Lion Show. The dude was funny, especially making fun of Hulk Hogan and Hannah Montana and Friends. We didn't sit in the Soak Zone.

Lucy, Your mom reminds me of Darth Vader. Bad. Sit. Speak. (Ed. note: I think I as verging on Field Marshal in the Making of this Blog Posting as his initial "verbal journaling" consisted of "it was okay." So I had to tell him I wanted $50 worth of talking.)

My other favorite show was the acrobatics (my first favorite was the sea lions). (Cirque de la Mer). I think the guy from the audience was a plant. The coolest part was the clown in the skirt.

Forbidden Reef. I touched a shark (really a sturgeon) and the rays. They felt like slime. No scales, no callouses -- just slimy and smooth. Like shampoo feeling.

Then Freshwater Aquarium -- but there was nothing fresh in there. Ha!

The Shark Encounter was cool. You walk on an automatic thing like we did at the zoo (moving sidewalk) underneath the sharks. It showed some teeth, and they were crooked and needed braces. hehehehe

They had manatees with parts missing -- parts of their tails, scabs on their back. Big blubbery cheeks. They're also called sea cows...instead of saying Mooo they burp.

Me and Grandma headed over to the Penguin encounter. It was cold in there and we didn't get splashed. There was a woman in there cleaning the windows -- swish, swish. Surprised by how long it took -- lots of penguins.

The arcade was the best of all. I spent $22 on games. (GMK says this was in 15 minutes..YIKES).

Then we went to the needle thing. Instead of going up straight, it went like this (rotating hand gesture). Six minutes total. Not as high as we were in the airplane. Six bucks to go that high.

Then we were leaving and Grandma said, "He's running away!"

And at the flamingo thing, she was trying to work the camera and said "I can't see" so I took the camera and took a picture of her."

No comments: