Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Castle Updates...

APC is here, APC is here! :-)

Eye appointments:

LLGA looks "great".
Charlie looks okay but referral for Vision Therapy.
Jack looks like he needs more Vision Therapy.
Jamie looks a disaster. Doctor said it's critical for him.
Oh, and the J-crabs are back in the land of specs. Off to Costco for us.


LLGA goes to the G/I doc.
She introduced herself as the "Pollop Queen of North America". Thinks most likely is a "viral hit" on LLGA's colon that is just super-slow to normalize. Second gut feeling is allergies.(I was encouraged to go on a "milk orgy" -- really could I make this up? Aloha to Salted Carmel Hot Chocolates, which I'd ceased about a month ago much to my personality's suffering) Third possibility is structural and pretty unlikely given LLGA's, er, chunky thighs.
Soooo, more labwork, including 10-minutes of shrieking blood draw. Interesting factoid: First idiot nurse attempted to draw blood in the absence of gloves (or even clean nail beds), pulled the top off with her mouth and then took off her badge which LLGA was touching and went back to digging in LLGA's veins. I opined that it looked like we'd pretty much forfeited the semblance of a sterile field and she informed me that they didn't need one when drawing blood. TOTAL NEWS TO ME.
Well, a second nurse took over for the second arm and managed to wear gloves and get some blood with half as much digging and no mouth-involvement. Good grief.
We should hear or not in a week.

The CQ has been summoned to meet with the Deputy Supt. and the "Dean of Students" for SDUSD on Monday re: the elimination of Jack's bus transportation route and, more specifically, the CQ's protestation of same. Apparently, like a semi-trailer, I am


High Profile.


And, finally, the most exciting development:

THE CAMERA HAS BEEN RECLAIMED FROM PETCO PARK'S LOST & FOUND.

1 comment:

Patty SW said...

I plan to ask the phlebotomist to slobber all over the needles and use her mouth on the vials next time I have a blood draw! Thanks for the medical safety update! Thingshave been far too sanitary for eons! Viva la revolution!