Monday, April 20, 2009
Story from the Lost Day of Last Week
I realized that I neglected to promulgate last week's Tale of my Long-Suffering-ness.
My Dell parcels arrived Friday. Alas, my installation appointment was not until Monday. Being as how the Castle is short on square-footage and high on per capita population, I looked about for a place to stash two not-very-small boxes.
I arrived at the concept of stacking them on the top bunk in the boys' room, thinking they'd be safe from claws.
Tim arrived home in a foul mood, which persisted due to the vacationing absence of our Pat-Zack. Finally, it seemed that we'd gotten Tim mellowed for the evening and GMK and I settled in for some high-quality TV-viewing with LLGA. The TV viewing involves lots of getting up and resituating LLGA away from an Item of Intense Interest that Would Injure Her.
After a pretty lengthy period of silence from Tim, I hear him ask "can we get your new TV on?"
I round the corner to head down the hallway, thinking we have this conversation way too often when my arthropod eyestalks process the vision of him padding toward me from the J-crabs' room with my BRAND NEW flat-screen Dell monitor in his claws.
YIKES!!
Yes, friends, the boy who hollers for help to double-knot his shoes, adjust the shower water temperature, open a bottle of Gatorade(TM), et cetera, managed to independently sniff out the unobtrusive Dell box, hoist it off of the top bunk, open the tape and remove plenty of styrofoam and other plastic packaging.
He seemed genuinely horrified to learn that it wasn't Tim's Lucky Day. As I type, there is a gigantic claw print on the side of my otherwise pristine monitor...a tribute to the Big Sled Dog's initiative.
My Dell parcels arrived Friday. Alas, my installation appointment was not until Monday. Being as how the Castle is short on square-footage and high on per capita population, I looked about for a place to stash two not-very-small boxes.
I arrived at the concept of stacking them on the top bunk in the boys' room, thinking they'd be safe from claws.
Tim arrived home in a foul mood, which persisted due to the vacationing absence of our Pat-Zack. Finally, it seemed that we'd gotten Tim mellowed for the evening and GMK and I settled in for some high-quality TV-viewing with LLGA. The TV viewing involves lots of getting up and resituating LLGA away from an Item of Intense Interest that Would Injure Her.
After a pretty lengthy period of silence from Tim, I hear him ask "can we get your new TV on?"
I round the corner to head down the hallway, thinking we have this conversation way too often when my arthropod eyestalks process the vision of him padding toward me from the J-crabs' room with my BRAND NEW flat-screen Dell monitor in his claws.
YIKES!!
Yes, friends, the boy who hollers for help to double-knot his shoes, adjust the shower water temperature, open a bottle of Gatorade(TM), et cetera, managed to independently sniff out the unobtrusive Dell box, hoist it off of the top bunk, open the tape and remove plenty of styrofoam and other plastic packaging.
He seemed genuinely horrified to learn that it wasn't Tim's Lucky Day. As I type, there is a gigantic claw print on the side of my otherwise pristine monitor...a tribute to the Big Sled Dog's initiative.

1 comment:
Oh my very GOD. Is he okay? Are there crab/claw marks on him now?
Post a Comment