Monday, April 20, 2009
Overheard on the Crablet's Bus This Morning
Charlie-boy rides the bus with a very observant, very chatty girl we shall call "BeBe". Bebe is in Charlie's class at school and is the only other bus-rider we see in the mornings.
Bebe is as talkative as Charlie-boy is quiet. Bebe knows everyone in the Castle and keeps track of our latest visitors as well as tracks Charlie-boy's illness/attendance.
She asks "Where's Charlie's grandma?" "When's Charlie's aunt coming back?" "Does Charlie have a daddy?" "What kind of Illness did Charlie have?" And so on...ad infinitum.
This morning, I whisked Charlie-boy to the bus with LLGA on my hip.
You could almost hear the wheels buzz in Bebe's brain with excitement: "FRESH MEAT...a NEW topic!"
As the door opened, Bebe was ready:
"Is that Charlie's SISTER?"
Yes.
"She sure is CHUNKY!"
Did you say chubby?
"Chun-KEEEY! But she's chub-BBBY, too!!"
Well, yes she is.
"Those both mean kind of FAT."
Thank you, Bebe. She IS chunky and chubby.
"I looked just like that when I was a baby!"
Have a good day at school, Bebe and Charlie.
I swear Charlie rolled his eyes at me, like "See what I put up with all day?"
Bebe is as talkative as Charlie-boy is quiet. Bebe knows everyone in the Castle and keeps track of our latest visitors as well as tracks Charlie-boy's illness/attendance.
She asks "Where's Charlie's grandma?" "When's Charlie's aunt coming back?" "Does Charlie have a daddy?" "What kind of Illness did Charlie have?" And so on...ad infinitum.
This morning, I whisked Charlie-boy to the bus with LLGA on my hip.
You could almost hear the wheels buzz in Bebe's brain with excitement: "FRESH MEAT...a NEW topic!"
As the door opened, Bebe was ready:
"Is that Charlie's SISTER?"
Yes.
"She sure is CHUNKY!"
Did you say chubby?
"Chun-KEEEY! But she's chub-BBBY, too!!"
Well, yes she is.
"Those both mean kind of FAT."
Thank you, Bebe. She IS chunky and chubby.
"I looked just like that when I was a baby!"
Have a good day at school, Bebe and Charlie.
I swear Charlie rolled his eyes at me, like "See what I put up with all day?"

2 comments:
that's why we love her!
We all got a kick out of Bebe and Charlie. Wouldn't that be the greatest cartoon ever? I can only imagine the things he tells you with his expressions! And Bebe...what a name!
Post a Comment