Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not-so-Stealth Posting: Sunday and Monday and Tuesday

* Sunday was relatively peaceful. One of our expected childcare workers was out sick. Bummer, but we substituted 2 DOZEN Krispy Kreme doughnuts.




Tim's present worker took him on a walk to 7/11 (his first in months) so that was a Big Hurdle Cleared. We had a Celebrating APC dinner of take-out Outback Steakhouse.

* LLGA officially has one tooth. She also has an aunt that believes in Playpen Time. TRAPPED! But liking it!

* Here is Lucy using her new Pop-up toy as a walker/crawler. After she nearly amputated her middle digit, we recalled that the advised age is 9 months + while LLGA is but 7 months.


* There was a lot of "Grudge-Match" Spite and Malice. (Only the most fun card game on the planet!) Oh, and there was Wii...lots of Wii. Be it known that the CQ is only "Overweight" and Wii age of 35!!! Who'd have guessed?! That said, I scored Awesome on the "Warrior Pose" in Yoga as would be expected. However, my ski jumping, tight-rope-walking, and torso twists were borderline painful (to watch). In a big surprise to Wii spectators, I kicked shell (er, hips) at hula-hoops.
Gotta love the woodworking safety glasses!?!

Jamie scored as a HEALTHY weight but the machine scolded him on his gross motor skills at routine intervals. Ditto for Jack.

* Monday morning started with APC making a much-needed Von's run. I drove Jack (and Tim and LLGA) to Poway for Jack's last-for-now Vision Therapy session.
Home via the 'Der and finished the Illinois tax return. (We're giving our $150 "refund" to the Veterans' Homes, Combat).

* Here is some quality time with Charlie...Think "Dueling Magna-Doodles" theme music:




* Great Chase Visa Crazy-Sand Customer Service Drama: Received an e-mail that the Autism Society of America (San Diego Chapter) was unable to process my credit card membership renewal. Together with a rejected attempt to donate to my friend's Walk for Cystic Fibrosis, I thought I better call and inquire. HUMPH! I learn that I missed a payment -- Combat Crab, the paper statement NEVER arrived -- and that our subsequent statement had printed and hence, we were looking delinquent and were CUT OFF. Well, the She-Crab lost my mind about our long and pristine record (since 1993) with Chase and where's the phone call or e-mail or letter letting me know of my break with typical behavior. First customer service rep tried to interrupt and delayed transferring me to her supervisor. U-G-L-Y, she ain't got no alibi, it was ugly! Her supervisor was horrified (when I explained the pain and agony of being SCRA (servicemen civil relief act) certified without a local command) and the supervisor (not the CQ) verged on tears when I realized that Ben's morning off would overlap with our NO-AUTHORIZATION period (until 12:01 a.m. PT). She erased the late fee (and maybe the finance charges) AND reinstituted not the $50 authorization I requested but $550-and-change so if the Combat Crab wanted to purchase Dial (TM) soap and Sudafed (TM), he would not be rejected. APC was in full support of my reasonable interactions with her fellow telephone reps, btw.

* Off to Old Navy where we found a quartet of blue-palette shirts for the male crablets. Then we had a GENIUS IDEA: let's take-out Double Happiness. APC used her 1800 Free Google-411 connection (and it works!!) and ordered Honey Walnut Shrimp (for me) and Cashew Chicken (for her) and Pork Wontons (for her, except that once confronted with the aroma, I wanted "in"). Alas, when we returned from our Mission Valley to Del Mar to Pacific Beach driveathon, my shrimp was Crispy Garlic Shrimp, which is yummy but certainly not Honey Walnut. As APC noted, "Just gives us a reason to have it again during my visit!!" Easy to say while noshing her correct Cashew Chicken!!

* Jamie is in charge of LLGA's "Cub Fan Indoctrination Program" (with non-financial support from APC!)






* We all got to talk to the Combat Crab, who called in to report that he saw the President today. Heard him speak from the 3rd floor of the atrium. Glumly, he did note (as the NSA no doubt hit the "record" button) that his plantar fasciitis persists despite the shared atrium-space.

* Great Opera Ticket Score. Finally, a bennie for Combat Crab's current locale! I received an e-mail late Monday offering limited Padres and Opera tix. By the time I saw the e-mail, the Padres tix were long gone. However, I called Tuesday morning (earlier than the e-mail suggested) and spoke for the Very Last Trio of Tix for APC and the J-crabs. Jack, Tim, LLGA, and I drove to the USO and fetched the tix (and deposited Tim at CCC Kids at 12:30 on the button with a quick sight-seeing tour of Kinko's in Hillcrest where I photocopied our IL tax return items and wherein I ran into our recovering-from-food-poisoning care provider (who will come earlier than scheduled today- YAY). Called APC and she researched that the MEZZANINE tix go for $140 each! Triple-YAY!!! And a giant shout-out to the San Diego Opera for comp'ing us. Tomorrow's 7 p.m. performance of Rigoletto (by Verdi) includes a pre-opera lecture at 6 p.m. It will be J-Sr.'s FOURTH opera while J-Jr. and APC will attend their first opera.

* LLGA officially has two teeth.

See how fast those milestones accumulate when the Blogging One takes a day or two off !

* Of course, we have some loving APC/LLGA pictures, too:






* Tim had a great afternoon at ARTS in Point Loma with CCC Kids. APC and I encountered a customer-service snag with a Costco return en route to fetch him. We rallied with some tasty Costco carry-out pizza and I slipped into my MOTY cape as we took LLGA and the J-crabs to BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO (renting Wii Music and numerous crablet movies) and then to YOGURTLAND. While the latter was claustrophobic and freaked me out (because the cashier was doling out spoons and lids with her germy-from-money-handling hands), treats are treats. And a free t-shirt with $10+ purchase was obtained! C-boy loved his portion and was eyeing mine right up until he came nose to pineapple piece and opted out of further negotiations with the rightful owner (me).

* And Tuesday's partial update wouldn't be complete without a little reminder from Real Simple's Daily Thinkers:
"It’s not the tragedies that kill us, it’s the messes."
―Dorothy Parker

Amen, Dorothy. Amen!

No comments: