-----
I awakened to a dozen Linda's doughnuts* and oversleeping crablets. After the 75% of crablets attending school today ** departed, GMK confessed to a brush with a friend in Law Enforcement.
-----
Well, my friends, the words "cop", "peace officer", "patrol car", and pretty much any other whisper of Law Enforcement generally snaps me straight to Alertness. Let's consider this tale:
According to GMK, she decided to "go the Point Loma way home for the first time" [ed. note: before dawn, in the dark, with her not-very-good night vision, in order to go past Linda's least circuitously].
She made a right hand turn and was prompted with flashing lights to pull over. So she did.
The officer instructed her to pull forward more.
So she did.
The officer then said, "Let's try this again. Pull forward enough that my vehicle can also be out of traffic."
So she did.
[ed. note: By this point, one can only imagine that the officer is mentally reviewing all the various "bad driver" ordinances he might apply].
He approaches the CR-V (Ben's) once more with feeling.
Taking note of GMK's out-of-state driver's license, he inquires whether GMK has been arrested previously.
According to GMK, her response was to tilt her head, ponder the meaning of "arrested", and then say "I don't think so."
[ed. note: Pure .... comedy .... gold].
Our hero (the officer) asks GMK, "Did you see the "no turn on red" sign?"
GMK responds much more quickly and definitively, "No. I hadn't gone the Point Loma way and usually take the freeway."
[ed. note: One can only imagine the officer mental picture of GMK at high rate of speed].
He asked GMK where she was going; she recited my exact and precise mailing address. Good grief.
I asked her "Did you tell him that you were staying here helping me with my husband in Iraq?"
GMK looked puzzled and said it didn't occur to her to "play that card."
To which I said, "If not, sitting in the dark by the airport with a cop, WHEN?!"
After confirming that her record was clean [ed note: O what a miracle], he let her proceed with a warning.
----
Distracted by this tale of hilarity involving a Crab vehicle, I did not consult my log of what med I had given Charlie last and dosed him prematurely with Motrin (TM). Dutifully, I contacted Poison Control to ascertain that I was just stupid and not dangerous.
----
"Lucy, Carrots.
Carrots, meet Lucy."
LLGA slurping carrots with one of my latest "finds" -- see "Crab Queen Recommends" near bottom of this page.
-----
In a frightening flurry of errand-running (after a Spring "break"), I ran to the Post Office to return not one, but two! cardiac monitors. Then to the UPS Store to ship my grandma's photos. Then home to snatch LLGA and head to Target. Yep, it was a whopping 3-1/2-day "Boycott." (See APC's Visit: Friday, 4/11 installment for more on the threatened Boycott). And home to eat Easter leftovers.
* Minus a couple that GMK had removed and hidden so that she could sleep in. Sleeping in, within the castle, of course, means 8 a.m.
** Charlie's still sick.

No comments:
Post a Comment