Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday, March 4: The fun's just begun!

GMK and I set out this morning in the Lucky Minivan (i.e., the minivan that brought Goose Island root beer back to my world) to drive-by for-sale homes.

There was more than a little meandering...however, a couple looked intriguing.

One in particular looks even more alluring as I type this from my livingroom which is mere steps from all of my family members!!! A 5 br, 3 ba directly across the street from an elementary school with 2358 sq. ft.

I even called to pre-qualify, which represents a big step over a large mental block.

----------

This afternoon American Honda Corp called to survey me about my recent experiences. Pah! What was anticipated as taking "just a couple of minutes" took more like 20 because, well, I had something to say.

----------

And, Jamie missed baseball practice and Charlie missed afternoon therapies as they are under the weather. Jamie is coughing with a low-grade fever; Charlie is running about 102.

2 comments:

Patty SW said...

Where are you looking?

wife of crabby sand crab said...

I'm looking many places. I'm also finding that not many places have homes in our budget.

Thus far, I'm thinking we can rule out Linda Vista and parts of Clairemont.

Top contenders:
Bay Park/Bay Ho*
Tierrasanta
University City*
Del Cerro/Allied Garden
Pacific Beach**
Clairemont Mesa/North Clairemont

* Seem to be largely out of our price range.
** Seem to be WAY out of our price range.