Monday:
This afternoon, LLGA discovered the World Beyond the Leather Furniture. She crawled to the piano and then made a right turn and reached the beginning of the hallway. She then sat up and looked down the longish hallway with a look of utter awe. Clearly, we've been holding out on the Princess of Roundinia. Perhaps she shan't be so rotund once she gets to traverse more than a 6x8 ft zone!
That evening Jamie received his Webelo badge at the Cub Scout pack meeting whilst Jack attended a troop meeting. (All meaning lots of driving for me AND GMK).
Tuesday:
Charlie went to school.
GMK and I (and LLGA) schlepped two gi-normous boxes (1 huge and 1 HUMONGOUS, to be specific) full of toddler boys' clothing to nephew Hal. (Nephew Jimmy had already received a big box of clothing and a little box of Star Wars costumes a few weeks ago). The shipping total was $66.06, leading me to observe that is "the sign of the Devil with a halo inserted -- almost an apt description of the Crab Queen at times!" Most of all, the totes in the front patio of our castle have been emptied. In advance of APC's visit. We shall now pause while APC picks her body off of the floor whereupon she's been shaking in a weird mixture of disbelief and relief.
GMK and LLGA and I, after a brief operational pause to meet Charlie's bus and give him lunch, went to the Post Office. I again stood for a ridiculous number of minutes -- pardon me while I protest the new "business customers head-of-line privilege" -- to ship with customs paperwork the Sand Crab's Easter care package. Yes, Patty SW, Love and Actual Candy. :-)
Then, because we were on a roll, GMK headed to the kitchen armed with a box of non-permanent hair color. I joined her with my sarcastic wit engaged. The fact that she admitted to not being able to distinguish whether or not the cold, gooey sensation I was experiencing on various parts of my face, ears, and neck was actual hair dye was not a confidence-inspiring feature of the Kitchen Beautician. However, she was fairly speedy and only pulled out a dozen clumps [because she couldn't "see", allegedly, the giant hair clips within my locks holding already-colored segments off the aforementioned pale (and meant to be that way) parts]. Despite the much-commented-upon visual impairments, she covered the gray temples.
Wednesday:
I rocked an Easter week appointment with GMK's internist in Bloomington-Normal. In addition, I extracted an order from her physician (via the nurse, separate call) in order to allow her to schedule a mammogram that same week. This process did involve a rant, invoking my friend Shellie and praising the military medicine model, where they encourage women to get pancaked while waiting for Rx at the Main Pharmacy.
Meanwhile, GMK stocked up on Von's super-sale and went on a massive cleaning frenzy. (I'd already concluded that the Castle could not be "staged" to fool visitors. It's a mess and I was reciting the Serenity Prayer over and over).
Jamie participated, after much angst and agony, in his school's Jog-A-Thon. He ran 18 laps, which is far from a record, but is satisfactory in 45 minutes.
And here's a shot of Jamie entertaining She Who Must Be Contained:

2 comments:
Disbelief and relief are spot on. However, they are quickly followed by anxiety that you still HAVE the totes. Leading me to believe that we must now FILL them again with, say it with me now, more STUFF!
*^#&*^#@ it's spring break somewhere!
Glad to be the first public comment that the boy known at school as "Jaime" is the Jamie we always knew him to be at Scouts and everywhere else!
Post a Comment