Friday, March 6, 2009

Still Surrounded by Pestilence...

Lucy has a recurrent GI issue. Charlie has his trademark high fever. Jamie has a wretched cough with fever.

GMK has been a trooper the last two days in particular. Yesterday she took Tim to a dental appointment while I remained in the hostage-to-microbes situation. (He needs to have a tooth extracted :( by the way). At some future date. Like April. APC, we NEEEEEED you. Then she took him to his school en route to Target, and Costco, and Von's. (Any one of these stops would be "it" for me in a day).

Today she took Jamie to a long-awaited opthamalogist appointment and then a pediatrics visit as I was convinced he has either sinusitis or the beginning of pneumonia(!) The doctor thinks it is just the same cold she had last week. Not that Jamie's been around this doctor, but we'll just see.

Then GMK went out into the planet to fetch freaky dried mangos for Tim's school recipe project (trail mix) and other assorted tasties from Trader Joe's AND went to the Post Office -- again, a trial (I mean ERRAND) that would be "it" for me in one adventure -- to ship Star Wars costumes to my nephew and a care package for Ben. I'm particularly proud of the latest Crab posting to the Combat Crab. First of all, I decorated the outside of the Priority Mail packaging with happy leprechaun stickers courtesy of Patty Triplets. The box includes coffee from his folks, coffee from Dean & DeLuca, sudafed from his bride (weary of his PX "zero claws" ratings), AND a bit of GENIUS onesupscrabship.

Yes, I (having played the lead in Annie Get Your Gun in a previous life) have entered the Strategy Sombrero Fray...Combat Crab is soon to be in possession of a new prototype: The Strategery Stovepipe (TM). Photos of the Crab in situ will be -- say it with me -- LegenDARY!!!

1 comment:

Patty SW said...

Too bad she didn't get the dried mango from Costco when she was there. I used to be scared of them but they are like candy, to die for!