Sunday, October 12, 2008

Saturday Antics, Part II

oblivious to my journalistic immunity, Charlie takes aim spit-firing...that he learned without the benefit of 1-1 instruction by highly-qualified adults
taking aim from the piano bench...if you can't play 'em, shoot 'em.

I was pretty anti-firearms in the hands of kids until I finally succumbed to the neighborhood social pasttime of playing "war". A. It's military housing. B. It's not like their father and most of their friends' fathers/mothers don't make a living by shooting things. C. I don't want them to be a bunch of pansies.

So when a friend's husband (Paygrade "O-6") made Charlie his own "MP44"-esque* weapon, who was I to deprive him?

The truly astounding thing is to witness how inate the instinct of gun-play is in boys. Charlie, a boy of few words, enthusiastically hollers "bam".



celebrating Iraqi National Soccer Team's latest victory from CONUS.


* Identification by Jack as a "German assault rifle". My point is made.

No comments: