Saturday, October 18, 2008

Health (physical and mental) Update

Another week, another week of Charlie home with a fever. I think he's pretty close to more days absent than days present for his kindergarten class. Aunt Patty Cake, alas, caught a version of his cough/cold/fever and got to visit prompt care for antibiotics of her own. At least we had our party...

In short, it was a fairly dull week in the castle EXCEPT that we had a respite worker passively quit. She was "sick" last Thursday, and then "no-show" on Tuesday. When I called at the half-hour late mark, she was borderline nasty that the agency should have told me. Huh?! Allegedly, she's moving. Right-ee-oh.

Patty Day-na is coming to town to visit her daughter so we have a babysitter-free weekend ahead. Jamie seems to be coming down with the bug so it looks like more sequestering ahead for me and LLGA. Sigh.

--------------------------

Amended Recommendations for Starbuck's customers:

* Costco members, be advised that you can purchase $100 (5 x $20) in Starbucks gift certificates for $79.99.
* When trying salted carmel hot chocolate, I think it best to ask them to leave off the lid so that you can enjoy the sea salt directly -- learned that it adheres to the lid and tastes just like a regular h.c. Not a good idea for drive-thru, but really improves the experience.

--------------------------

Computer repair and upgrade at the Castle:

Yesterday, internet explorer 7 imploded. I couldn't get on gmail, Sand Crab's Ramblings, or adjust my AOL internet settings. Had a miniature (in duration, not necessarily intensity) tizzy-fit and then called a "computer repair specialist". He made a house call, fixing the problem and doubling our RAM. I should be able to "enjoy" my 5-y-o Dell for another year or so.

-------------------------

Consumer Alert on IKEA bed slats:

All 3 sets of slats are now kaput. As an added bonus, Tim bounced on the corner of his IKEA frame and broke that, too. I'm none too pleased as all were purchased within past 6 months.

------------------------

Trifecta! Charlie's device -- almost out of warranty -- is malfunctioning. My Monday will feature remote technical support to recalibrate the touch-screen.

No comments: