Wednesday, October 8, 2008

LLGA: "Two-month" check-up today (age 6-1/2 wks)

In the pink corner, weighing in at 12 pounds, 4.5 ounces and 22-and-three-quarters inches tall (with a 90%ile noggin to match)...it's "Big Girl"!

She's on the 90%ile for height and 95%ile for weight. The doctor wrote an "A" for my "industrial-strength breastmilk" and circled it on her growth chart. I'm still beaming with pride...it's been 15 years since I got a report card!

What I attributed to "baby acne" is not...it's Cradle Cap not on her pate but rather on her face/arms/chest/back. (Not to worry, Papa Crab, some hydrocortisone should clear it right up). Dr. Rash (kid you not) emphasized that it's a "Normal Baby Rash" meaning normally occurring and a baby problem -- not a lotion, soap, or mommy problem.

The lassie, alas, got shots too. Sharing just enough of planet Earth with Jenny McCarthy I asked about the latest RESEARCH about vaccines and autism. Dr. Rash was ready with some study from socialist Scandinavia where autism rates were identical between cohorts who accepted immunizations and those who declined. Of course, the number of deceased children were higher in the not-immunized group so it was a relatively quick decision point.

She received DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis), Hepatitis B, Polio, Hib, Pneumococcal conjugate, and Rotavirus vaccines. Tough little cookie...wah'ed briefly and is sleeping it off.

No comments: