Friday, February 6, 2009
No rest for the weary...
Jack brought home his 1st semester report card.
GPA = 3.50 but a more thorough review indicated:
Advisory E
English B- and G
Band A+ and E
History B+ and G
PE A and E..."An outstanding student"
Advanced Algebra I B and E..."A pleasure to have in class"
Science A- and E
This leaves me trying to find the right words to explain to a 12-y-o why the A+ in PE and Band (while lovely) don't cancel out the Bs in Advanced English, Math and History.
Said middle-schooler is now debating the GPA. I know that Sand Crab would have the patience & drawling, folksy analogy to convey the official parental platform.
GPA = 3.50 but a more thorough review indicated:
Advisory E
English B- and G
Band A+ and E
History B+ and G
PE A and E..."An outstanding student"
Advanced Algebra I B and E..."A pleasure to have in class"
Science A- and E
This leaves me trying to find the right words to explain to a 12-y-o why the A+ in PE and Band (while lovely) don't cancel out the Bs in Advanced English, Math and History.
Said middle-schooler is now debating the GPA. I know that Sand Crab would have the patience & drawling, folksy analogy to convey the official parental platform.

1 comment:
I've been told that it is B and C students who actually run the world. A students run the research labs.
Is that drawling and folksy enough?
Love,
Chiggerrancher
Post a Comment