Me and GMK (in unison): "GASP!"
Me: "Jack, they're already born."
Jack, quite horrified: "Does that mean they would kill them?"
Me: "Where on earth did you hear this? Nobody is going to kill them. Babies this tiny have a lot of challenges and they are in Intensive Care."
Jack: "Whew!"
*** Later I realized that the conversation he overheard must have referenced "adopt" or the TV show may have mentioned "abortion" and he got tense-confused.
Minutes elapse.
And then J-crab, Senior returns for Round Two:
"This must mean that the [air-quote, Jack's favorite gesture] Octo-Mom has a problem with tampons and pads."
GMK and me (again in unison): "PAH!" and bust out giggling.
Me: "I'm really thinking that the ol' Family Life unit didn't cover things like it did in my day."
Pause to let that sink in.
Me: "Did you mean condoms?"
Jack (horrified but in a whole different way than Round One): "Mom! Maybe, I think."
***We had a quick tutorial on IVF (without benefit of A/V equipment or Shepard Smith).
It's ALWAYS something in the Castle. Some new fresh take on reality that isn't quite baked through.

1 comment:
I totally believe this, too!
Post a Comment