Friday, July 17, 2009

This just in: Jamie and the eye doctor

In approximately 90 seconds of face time with the MD (following 15.5 minutes in line just to check-in, 22 minutes waiting past our appointment time chatting with a retiree so as not to slay Jamie in front of a teeming witness-packed waiting room for a. waking LLGA and b. putting his hands in his mouth a dozen times, 11 minutes with the eye tech -- including 4 minutes reviewing his meds and 2 minutes confirming why we were there AGAIN, and another 6 minutes in a second-tier waiting area), the MD pronounced that Jamie would be seeing the cornea specialist next time. Early September and let's hope his pressure maintains as the steroidal drops are continued until that time.

Are we having FUN yet?


----

But, wait, overheard in the waiting room from the Least Likely of Sources. Some gruff chief in camouflage who'd seemed to have been glaring at Jamie for 11 minutes or more, totally melted when LLGA (awake now, see above) emerged from the stroller-cocoon.

He said (and I quote):
"I'm sure you hear this all the time, but she looks JUST like the Gerber (TM) baby."

----

Jack is at Troop overnight at Camp Balboa. As Jamie put it, "We're having a Jack-free Night."


----

But, wait, while we're on the subject of eyes, I thought I'd punish myself and the Crab's bank account by looking around (get it, looking?) and noting that all the boys who wore glasses have stopped without really a doctor's opinion about that cessation.

So, on Aug. 18 (happy b-day to Jack), the four younger crablets will be going for eye appointments. I fully expect to be purchasing 3 sets of wire-rims later that day at Costco in time for Good Grades/Back-to-School.

blink, blink.

Because I know at least one of you will wonder, "Self, I wonder if the Crab Queen thought to ask for a multi-crablet discount?"

The answer is ABSO-freaking-LUTELY with twittering as a response. (Twittering classic, not the techno-tweeting). Jamie and Charlie have a return patient discount but Jack is full-fare. Lucy, however, is FREE.

No comments: