Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Familia Crab Update...
Friday, July 10:
Trifecta of Jamie's Pulmonology appointment with the youngest four in tow. How appropos that my internal monologue was "breathe in, breathe out."
Then Tim's IEP with the youngest three, which was indeed as painful as it could be. Jamie was sulking and LLGA was incredibly, shockingly vocal. The IEP itself was okay, but must be continued as the required players, one and all, were not present.
Followed by home to ready for the beach, then a drive to KFC for buckets o' chicken, then home again to load the remaining three family members and convoy with the behavior folks (Melanie and Zack). You've seen the pictures, but here's the real introductory remarks to the pictures:
End-of-the-season LL family beach party was the first trip to the beach in a year. If you witnessed the Sherpa-like efforts required to schlep all the gear, then you had no further questions as to why the CQ doesn't try this solo. Suffice it to say, I am uniquely qualified to pack/load the vehicle, apply sunscreen, organize the potluck contribution, and maintain vigil over the too-far-from-shore-for-my-comfort "boogie-boarder". We lasted 1.66667 hours, which is about one-third the time required to de-sand the vehicle and launder the items.
The fun and socializing were, of course, well worth it!
Saturday, July 11:
Recovery from Friday Day.
Ben cleaned out the van (no evidence of vacuum use, however...growl). And he laundered the 6 beach towels and 5 swim trunks and other sandy clothes. It was an all-morning sideshow.
Meanwhile, Jamie, LLGA, and I went to the Naval Base (my first time to 32nd Street's dry-side since the new commissary opened!) The reason? To fetch discounted Padres tickets for the NYM @ Pads on August 9th. Seats for 4 to include J-crabs, Ben and our nephew, Mike. Longtime Castle followers will remember Mike from last summer's J-cramber alert tales.
We are all very excited that GMK will be flying out with Mike for a week of Castle vacationing. What an oxymoron, I think as I type. The J-crabs and I have Big Schemes for the week :-)
Sunday, July 12:
Mass followed by Bruegger's Bagels.
Then Tim's sitter came and whisked him to Target and BK and I-forget-where-else.
Ben took Tim & Jack to the Miramar pool and to, YAY, the Commissary.
I took the younger three to Target.
I made burgers (or as Ben lovingly called them, "hockey pucks") for dinner. He's lucky I didn't take a slap shot to serve up his meal...to his noggin.
Monday, July 13:
Impromptu transit to Soledad Mountain (all of 8 minutes, as we live at its base). Everyone needed to blow off the proverbial stink (and nothing stinks like cranky seafood). The sitter returned for Charlie and the J-crabs, LLGA, and I hit Target AGAIN (during Jamie's Physical Therapy appointment) and Costco on the way home.
Jack had Boy Scouts in the evening, missing the All-Star Homerun Derby. However, he was home in time for much of the Celebrity & Legends Softball game, which was surprisingly fun. Bedtime was relaxed although I predict an extra-crunchy coating of crabbiness this morning as a result. Argh!
Trifecta of Jamie's Pulmonology appointment with the youngest four in tow. How appropos that my internal monologue was "breathe in, breathe out."
Then Tim's IEP with the youngest three, which was indeed as painful as it could be. Jamie was sulking and LLGA was incredibly, shockingly vocal. The IEP itself was okay, but must be continued as the required players, one and all, were not present.
Followed by home to ready for the beach, then a drive to KFC for buckets o' chicken, then home again to load the remaining three family members and convoy with the behavior folks (Melanie and Zack). You've seen the pictures, but here's the real introductory remarks to the pictures:
End-of-the-season LL family beach party was the first trip to the beach in a year. If you witnessed the Sherpa-like efforts required to schlep all the gear, then you had no further questions as to why the CQ doesn't try this solo. Suffice it to say, I am uniquely qualified to pack/load the vehicle, apply sunscreen, organize the potluck contribution, and maintain vigil over the too-far-from-shore-for-my-comfort "boogie-boarder". We lasted 1.66667 hours, which is about one-third the time required to de-sand the vehicle and launder the items.
The fun and socializing were, of course, well worth it!
Saturday, July 11:
Recovery from Friday Day.
Ben cleaned out the van (no evidence of vacuum use, however...growl). And he laundered the 6 beach towels and 5 swim trunks and other sandy clothes. It was an all-morning sideshow.
Meanwhile, Jamie, LLGA, and I went to the Naval Base (my first time to 32nd Street's dry-side since the new commissary opened!) The reason? To fetch discounted Padres tickets for the NYM @ Pads on August 9th. Seats for 4 to include J-crabs, Ben and our nephew, Mike. Longtime Castle followers will remember Mike from last summer's J-cramber alert tales.
We are all very excited that GMK will be flying out with Mike for a week of Castle vacationing. What an oxymoron, I think as I type. The J-crabs and I have Big Schemes for the week :-)
Sunday, July 12:
Mass followed by Bruegger's Bagels.
Then Tim's sitter came and whisked him to Target and BK and I-forget-where-else.
Ben took Tim & Jack to the Miramar pool and to, YAY, the Commissary.
I took the younger three to Target.
I made burgers (or as Ben lovingly called them, "hockey pucks") for dinner. He's lucky I didn't take a slap shot to serve up his meal...to his noggin.
Monday, July 13:
Impromptu transit to Soledad Mountain (all of 8 minutes, as we live at its base). Everyone needed to blow off the proverbial stink (and nothing stinks like cranky seafood). The sitter returned for Charlie and the J-crabs, LLGA, and I hit Target AGAIN (during Jamie's Physical Therapy appointment) and Costco on the way home.
Jack had Boy Scouts in the evening, missing the All-Star Homerun Derby. However, he was home in time for much of the Celebrity & Legends Softball game, which was surprisingly fun. Bedtime was relaxed although I predict an extra-crunchy coating of crabbiness this morning as a result. Argh!

No comments:
Post a Comment