Friday, July 10, 2009

Punk-do: Lowlight (at least from MOTY-wanna-be) with Comedic Highlights.

Yesterday, 12:58pm Memo to Self: Self, when the front door is open, act only in a manner you wish to have a youthful, otherwise-attractive FBI agent witness. (Handy tip: Bellowing at children over dropped, previously-folded and now unkempt laundry is not desired). The joys of military housing and security clearance update season.


Heather at 1:04pm
I can totally relate! There is a rule that they can only come when you are still in your pajamas and your house is at it's peak of messiness and chaos. Good thing we aren't the ones getting a security clearance. It's also good thing we have that "no soliciting" sign on our door. It keeps all the other people with not so important matters away. LOL!

Debi at 1:05pm
Moira! LOL Noooo I can't see you being anything but a perfect 2009-ish June Cleaver =P

CQ at 1:18pm
I'm thinking the fact that I did not know the subject of the investigation only INCREASES the likelihood of his clearance remaining intact. :-) Heather, that is exactly I saw the badge and immediately led with, "Thank Heavens you're not doing MY clearance!"

Oh, and Erin, I was so wearing a tacky skort.

CQ at 1:19pm

One last gem: I actually asked him to "give me one second" so that I could a. Finish my Nagging; and b. Grab the roaming Lucy. In exactly that order. Really one of my most stellar house-wifey moments.

Patty Lisa Triplets at 1:44pm
They should do a reality show called, "Real Housewives of Military Housing" Nobody can make this stuff up~

Elisabeth at 2:12pm
Now that we live within hearing distance of our neighbors vs the wilds of Maine, am really having to reign in the yelling. Probably a good thing, but kids can't go naked in the wading pool anymore and can't get the mail in the pjs anymore. Oh well. I never lived in military housing for a reason.

Rebecca at 2:34pm
sorry! that was my fault!!!! he came over here asking if I knew somwone who lived here in 06.. You were the only one on the block that I could direct him to! SOOOO SORRY. He was a cutie too! BTW.. The whole Naval hospital had to re-up thier clearance last month...... I see many more FBI men in our future!

Stacey at 2:57pm
Love the reality show idea!

Dineen at 3:10pm
I know someone who was in a towel fresh out od the shower and didn't believe the agent at first. Her daughter got clearance anyway, but the Mom was mortified!

Shelley at 3:26pm
OMG! Who are these security clearance guys? Could they be knocking on my door as well? Should I maybe get dressed before 10am? (I'm in summer mode!)

Karen at 3:53pm

Your life is so interesting! I actually do walk to my mailbox in my pjs and nobody notices or cares. I think the retired FBI agent across the street is probably napping!:)

Lorraine at 4:39pm
I was yelling to my children one time, "I almost broke my neck running down the stairs because you were screaming like your leg had been cut off." My then toddler handed me the phone with a Chula Vista Police Officer on the phone. I have no idea how that happened, but I was so embarrassed.

Julie at 6:20pm
LOL ~ and love the reality tv idea: Moira would be perfect!

DeAndrea at 6:57pm
LOL!!

APC at 7:10pm
What do you MEAN?! the skort(s) lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth at 8:38pm
I would totally watch Moira in that TV show!!

CQ at 8:51pm
Okay, all you would-be-TV-pitchwomen...2 points:
1. What entity would possibly sponsor such wreckage?
2. My husband shook his head, sighed expansively, and said "Concept entertaining but reality is too painful to articulate".

(Oh, and he was none-too-enthusiastic about hot young G-men popping up at the doorstep. The more I tried to explain that his J.Crew-ness only added to the plot, the deeper I sunk).

No comments: