Friday, July 31, 2009

Returning to the blog...

As I type this, I have "enjoyed" my last b-day until the Big 4-0. Woo-woo.
I have some spiffy new shoes, a number of good reads, and a lovely Murano glass necklace ... and 3 hot chocolates! (I also inhaled several gallons of cheese/carmel popcorn, if I confess to everything). Thanks to one and all for the cards and e-mail. a

This week has been devoted to a number of far-flung issues -- some private, some blog-worthy. There may be some deliberation even among the latter category.

* Prepping the J-crabs for week of sleep-away camps, respectively.
* Having a birthday outing to Yogurtland.
* Taking all 5 crablets to back-to-back peds neurology appointments (so much fun I can barely imagine not living that dream EVERY week).
* Purging (and refilling from the never-ending pyramid of plastic tubs) the boys' closets...including FREAKING out that Tim went from XXL boys/S men to LARGE men in under six months (but that's what 6-foot-tall, 166 pound boys wear).
* Raiding Ben's closet to have something hanging from Tim's closet rod -- which necessitated a heart-to-heart with my beloved spouse that if his fiancee bought the item of apparel, it was probably okay to bequeath it to his almost-15-year-old son.
* Follow-on conversation in which I expanded on this theme to offer dry commentary that Big Daddy Commanding Officer probably shouldn't be outside the house in some of these faded items.
* Major Do-Over on Thursday involving Tim's dual enrollment...too tedious and annoying to revisit tonight -- suffice it to say the case manager I'd thought was in my rear view mirror is not only back on the bus but driving it (and me) over the Cliff of Irritation!
* Plumbing Wednesday in which the day started with the realization that the agitation function was not functioning at all on the clothes washer (with the Eureka! discovery that our clothing looking dingy and stained was because it WAS still dirty, merely soaking in water and draining) and ended with about 90 minutes of snaking to fix a bathtub/toilet line problem after dusk. Said problem included leaking up from the gasket beneath the replaced-two-months-ago toilet. Charming!
* Since I was calling in that washing issue, I remembered to ask the Maintenance Guys to patch some dry wall, render the back sliding glass door lock-able, and fix the sprinklers.
* Twin Birthday Presents from the Government:
1. The Governator exercised his line-item veto to reduce the boys' IHSS (which was not expected) in addition to signing a budget that eliminates funding for Tim's social rec program at CCC Kids; and
2. Big Navy issued an ORD MOD (modified orders) for the Naval Crab, effectively zapping my Plan to "Vacation" in Newport for 5-days and ensuring that Patty Kiki or Patty Barbara or both have the Naval Crab eat their turkey n' fixings and commit me to a role of Holiday Scrooge-crab as the Crab won't be back in the Castle until Christmas Week '09.
* Special Husband/Wife/Sleeping Baby excursion to the Ticket Office at Miramar to procure admissions to Sea World, USS Midway, Boomers (a mini-golf, arcade, bumper car, ferris wheel, etc. spot), and Knott's Soak City in addition to annual passes to the Zoo in anticipation of GMK's and my nephew's visit beginning next week.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thank you for the posting! I was feeling like I needed a little HDTSC blog pick me up tonight at work.
I love seeing Patty Kiki and am glad she held the spot, but needed new pics and info to make the night move faster. :)